This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Impact of Air-Oil Cooler Positions on the Performance of Air Conditioning Condensers
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 03, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper's topic is to seek an optimized position for an air to oil transmission cooler with respect to air-conditioning condenser and within a combination condenser plus oil cooler (combo cooler). To achieve this goal, the interactions between the two heat exchangers and the oil cooler position effects were investigated from both the theoretical and experimental aspects.
This paper outlines a method to analyze the impact of an air to oil transmission cooler positions on the A/C condenser performance and compare the results with calorimeter tests.
The paper also presents a methodology to evaluate the interaction between the air to oil cooler and the condenser. However, a lower cost and more optimized proposal will be the use of a combination cooler design, which consists of a condenser with one or two types of air to oil coolers, defined here as a combo cooler. In this paper, the current Valeo proprietary combo cooler design features is presented, along with its thermal and flow characteristics.
CitationTang, Y., "Impact of Air-Oil Cooler Positions on the Performance of Air Conditioning Condensers," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0529, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-0529.
- Kays W.M. London A.L. Compact Heat Exchangers McGRAW-HILL 1964
- Kreith F. Principles Of Heat Transfer International Textbook Company 1958
- Carey V.P. Liquid-Vapor Phase-Change Phenomena TAYLOR & FRANCIS 1992
- White F.M. Viscous Fluid Flow McGRAW-HILL 1991
- Shah R.K. Sekulic D.P. Chapter 17-Heat Exchangers Heat Exchangers- Handbook of Heat Transfer McGRAW-HILL 1998
- Mato P.J. Chapter 14- Condensation Heat Exchangers- Handbook of Heat Transfer McGRAW-HILL 1998
- Ebadian M.A. Dong Z.F. Chapter 5 - Forced Convection Internal Flow in Ducts Heat Exchangers- Handbook of Heat Transfer McGRAW-HILL 1998
- Fox R.L. Optimization Methods for Engineering Design Addison-Wesley Publishing Company 1971