This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Adaptive Inverse Torque Control of a Diesel Engine Using Adaptive Mapping Update
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 03, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Torque control is a basic element of engine control systems, in particular since it has become a standard interface for different functionalities. Torque control is also a critical requirement emission test cycle simulation on test benches. This torque control is usually reached by extensive, physical based modeling of the vehicle. This paper presents an approach to avoid this effort and to obtain a dramatic reduction of the parametrization work, by first determining an approximated model and then updating it online during operation. This model is than used for a stable inverse control. To handle model uncertainties and perturbation a correction feedback, with robustifying effect, is added to the control structure. This approach is detailed using data and measurements on a BMW M47D production diesel engine on a dynamic test bench.
CitationGrünbacher, E., Langthaler, P., Steinmaurer, G., del Re, L. et al., "Adaptive Inverse Torque Control of a Diesel Engine Using Adaptive Mapping Update," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0397, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-0397.
- Hunt L.R., Meyer G., “Stable Inversion for Nonlinear Systems”, Automatica, Vol. 33, No. 8, pp. 1549-1554,1997
- ZengG., Hunt L.R., “Stable Inversion for Nonlinear Discrete-Time Systems”, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 45, No. 6, June 2000
- Widrow B., Walach E., “Adaptive Inverse Control”, Prentice Hall Information & System Science Series, ISBN 0-13-005968-4, 1995
- Deviasa S., Chen D., Paden B., “Nonlinear Inversion-Based Output Tracking”, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 41, No. 7, July 1996
- Chen B.M., Lin Z., Liu K., “Robust and perfect tracking of discrete-time systems”, Automatica 38, pp. 293-299, 2002
- Di Benedetto M.D., Lucibello P., “Inversion of Nonlinear Time-Varying Systems”, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 38, No. 8, August 1993
- Ko R.C., Good M.C., Halgamuge S.K., “Adaptive Calibration of Feedforward Controllers for Nonminimum-Phase Tracking Systems”, Proceedings of the American Control Conference, San Diego, California, June 1999
- Babinski A., “Input-Output Data Based Tracking Control”, Proceedings of the American Control Conference, San Diego, California, June 1999
- Kiencke U., Nielsen L., “Automotive Control Systems”, Springer, SAE International, ISBN 3-540-66922-1, 2000
- Isermann R., Hafner M., “Mechatronic Combustion Engines - from Modeling to Optimal Control”, European Journal of Control 7, pp. 220-247, 2001
- Nomura M., Suzuki M., Hori M., Terashima M., “Decoupoling Torque Control System for Automotive Engine Tester” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 36, No. 2, March/April 2000
- Bemporad A., Borrelli F., Glielmo L., Vasca F., “Hyprid Control of Dry Clutch Engagement”, Proceedings of the European Control Conference, pp. 635-639, 2001
- Ibamoto M., Uchida M., Kuroiwa H., Minowa T., Sato K., “Transitional control of gear shift using estimation methods of drive torque without a turbine speed sensor”, Technical Notes/JSAE Review 18, pp. 57-82, 1997
- Minowa M., “Smooth Gear Shift Control System of automatic Transmission Using Estimated Output Shaft Torque”, Transactions of JSME, No. 94-1761, 1994
- Mitschke M., “Dynamik der Kraftfahrzeuge”, Springer, ISBN 3-540-56162-5,1997