This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Feedback Error Learning Neural Networks for Air-to-Fuel Ratio Control in SI Engines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 03, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A controller is introduced for air-to-fuel ratio management, and the control scheme is based on the feedback error learning method. The controller consists of neural networks with linear feedback controller. The neural networks are radial basis function network (RBFN) that are trained by using the feedback error learning method, and the air-to-fuel ratio is measured from the wide-band oxygen sensor. Because the RBFNs are trained by online manner, the controller has adaptation capability, accordingly do not require the calibration effort. The performance of the controller is examined through experiments in transient operation with the engine-dynamometer.
CitationPark, S., Yoon, M., and Sunwoo, M., "Feedback Error Learning Neural Networks for Air-to-Fuel Ratio Control in SI Engines," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0356, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-0356.
- Dobner, D.J., (1983) “Dynamic Engine Models for Control Development - Part I: Nonlinear and Linear Model Formulation”, International Journal of Vehicle Design, Technological Advances in Vehicle Design Series, SP4
- Powell, B.K. and Cook, J.A., (1987) “Nonlinear Low Frequency Phenomenological Engine Modeling and Analysis”, Proceedings of ACC
- Hendricks, E. and Sorenson, S.C., (1990) “Mean Value Modeling of Spark Ignition Engines”, SAE paper 900616
- Moskwa, J.J. and Hedrick, J.K., (1992) “Modeling and Validation of Automotive Engines for Control Algorithm Development”, Transactions of ASME, Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Vol. 114
- Kawato, M., Furukawa, K. and Suzuki, R., (1987) “A Hierarchical Neural Network Model for Control and Learning of Voluntary Movement”, Biological Cybernetics, Vol. 57, pp. 169-185
- Doya, K., Kimura, H., and Kawato, M., (2001) “Neural Mechanism of Learning and Control”, IEEE Control System Magazine, pp. 42-54
- Miyamoto, H., Kawato, M., Setoyama, T. and Suzuki, R., (1988) “Feedback-Error-Learning Neural Network for Trajectory Control of a Robotic Manipulator”, Neural Networks, Vol. 1, pp. 251-265
- Teshinehlab, M. and Watanabe, K., (1996) “Neural Network Controller with Flexible Structure based on Feedback-Error-Learning Approach”, Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Vol. 15, pp. 367-387
- Aquino, C.F., (1981) “Transient A/F Control Characteristics of the 5 Liter Central Fuel Injection Engine”, SAE paper 810494
- Hendricks, E., Chevalier, A., Jensen, A. and Sorenson, S.C., (1996) “Modeling of the Intake Manifold Filling Dynamics”, SAE paper 960037
- Yoon, P. and Sunwoo, M., (2001) “A nonlinear Dynamic Modeling of SI Engines for Controller Design”, International Journal of Vehicle Design, Vol. 26, No.2/3