This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Three-Way Catalyst Using Composite Alumina- Ceria-Zirconia
Published July 23, 2002 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: 2002 JSAE Annual Congress
It is one of the important issues on environmental protection to improve the purification performance of three-way catalyst. To realize the high performance of the three-way catalyst, this development focused on the heat resistance of the CeO2-ZrO2 solid solution (CZ) that possesses the oxygen storage capacity (OSC). We devised a new method of inhibiting the coagulation of the primary CZ particles by placing diffusion barrier layers made of alumina among the primary CA particles. This material is called ""ACZ."" In this paper, a new concept of the OSC compound with high durability is proposed.
- Takaaki Kanazawa - Toyota Motor Corp.
- Juji Suzuki - Toyota Motor Corp.
- Toshihiro Takada - Toyota Motor Corp.
- Tadashi Suzuki - Toyota Central R&D Labs., Inc.
- Akira Morikawa - Toyota Central R&D Labs., Inc.
- Akihio Suda - Toyota Central R&D Labs., Inc.
- Hideo Sobukawa - Toyota Central R&D Labs., Inc.
- Masahiro Sugiura - Toyota Central R&D Labs., Inc.