This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Worldwide Harmonized Dummy for Side Impact Testing-Worldsid Development
Published July 23, 2002 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: 2002 JSAE Annual Congress
The WorldSID is a new, advanced Worldwide Side Impact Dummy that has been developed under the auspices of the ISO/TC22/SC12/WG5. Almost every body region is a new, innovative design, setting the WorldSID apart from all existing side impact dummies. It is expected to have a biofidelity classification of ""good"" to ""excellent"" using the ISO dummy classification scale.
This paper will provide the general design requirements for the WorldSID dummy and a description of each of the critical body regions. A description of the unique instrumentation found in the WorldSID dummy and the data from the biofidelity testing conducted to date will also be presented.
- Risa Scherer - Ford Motor Co.
- Kazuhito Asakawa - Japan Automobile Manufactures Association
- Akihiko Akiyama - Japan Automobile Manufactures Association and Honda R&D Co.,
- Dominique Cesari - INRETS
- Minoru Sakurai - Japan Automobile Research Institute
- Takeshi Harigae - Japan Automobile Research Institute