This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Reliability Optimization of Redundant Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 19, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The reliability optimization of redundant systems aims to improve some design parameters as reliability or cost, using optimization methods, in order to determine the optimum number of redundancies in each component of the system.
This work compares some optimization methods (Lagrange Multipliers, Evolution Strategy and Genetic Algorithm) and its objective is to determine which method is more adjusted to the problem.
Citationde Castro, H. and Cavalca, K., "Reliability Optimization of Redundant Systems," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-3436, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-3436.
- Banerjee S. Rajamani K. “Optimization of System Reliability Using a Parametric Approach” IEEE Transactions on Reliability R-22 35 39 April 1973
- Recenberg I. Evolutionsstrategie: Optimierung Technischer Systeme nach Prizipien der Biologischen Evolution Frmmann-Holzboog (Stuttgart) 1973
- Holland J. H. Adaptation in natural Artificial Systems University of Michigan Press 1975
- Schwefel H. P. Evolution and optimum Seeking J. Willey New York 1995 105 118
- Silva L. R. Rade D.A. Cunha J. “Identificação de parâmetros de Elementos de Suporte em Elastodinâmica utilizando Algoritmo Genético” Revista Ciência e Engenharia 9 2 78 87 Uberlândia 2000
- Kuo W. Prasad V. R. “An Annotated Overview of System-Reliability Optimization” IEEE Transactions on Reliability 49 2 176 187 June 2000
- Hsieh Y. Chen T. Bricker “Genetic Algorithms for reliability design problems,” Microelectronics and Reliability 38 10 1599 1605 1998