This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Avoiding Structural Failure Via Fault Tolerant Control - An Application on a Truck Frame
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 18, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Usual vibrational related structured failure problems on trucks. There are two possible approach to be used, first of all is by structural modification and second of all by some active modification. The second option will be assessed in this paper. The aim is to use a control technique that will decrease the vibration on the truck and consequently increase his life. A new control formulation is applied due the kind of problem that occurs on the truck. This formulation has been designed to work in an on-line fashion, which gives to the vehicle the ability to manage the failure during his operation. The results are compared showing the amplitudes with and without control.
|Technical Paper||An Approach to Reduce Cargo Damage|
|Technical Paper||Time Dependent Correlation Analysis of Truck Pass-by-Noise Signals|
|Technical Paper||Truck Tire Vibration Noise|
CitationAlves, M., Kitagawa, H., and Nogueira, C., "Avoiding Structural Failure Via Fault Tolerant Control - An Application on a Truck Frame," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-3040, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-3040.
- Vasconcellos N. ET. al. Structural Analysis of an Exhaust System for Heavy Trucks ISATA 2000
- Reis, C. et. al. Structural Analysis of Brake System's Air Reservoir to Heavy Duty Vehicles ISATA 2000
- Roman, Gatzi et. al. Structural Optimization Tool Using Genetic Algorithms and Ansys 18 th CAD-FEM User's Meeting July 200
- Zhou Kemin Ren Zhang A New Architecture for High Performance, Robust, and Fault-Tolerant Control IEEE Transaction on Automatic Control 46 10 October 2001
- Blanke Mogens et. al. Concepts and Methods in Fault -Tolerant Control Preceedings of the American Control Conference Arlington, VA June 25-27 2001
- Khanmohammadi S. et. al. Modified Adaptive Discrete Control System Containing Neural Estimator and Neural Controller Artificial Intelligence in Engineering 14 2000 31 38
- Jiang Danchi Wang Jun On-Line Learning of Dynamical Systems in the Presence of Model Mismatch and Disturbances IEEE Transaction on Neural Networks 11 6 November 2000
- Lewis, F. L. Jagannathan and Yesildirek, Neural Network Control of Robot Manipulators and Nonlinear Systems Taylor & Francis 1999
- Dorf, Richard Bishop, Robert Modern Control Systems Addison Wesley 7 th 1995
- Frank P. M. Ding, X. Survey of Robust Residual Generation and Evaluation Methods in Observer-Based Fault Detection Systems Elsevier Science Ltd 1997