This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Vehicle Combination Braking Compatibility Behavior
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 06, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Active safety of vehicle combinations during braking highly depends on braking compatibility behavior. There are different influencing factors disabling partial deceleration of individual elements of a vehicle combination to be “compatible”, or balanced. The paper deals with an advanced Friction Monitoring and Control System (FMCS), which may be used in braking systems of vehicle combinations. This system is intended to improve vehicle combination braking compatibility behavior, but also braking force distribution performance of combination components by means of monitoring and controlling of braking force variations. Digital brake models are developed for this purpose. They relate analytically and/or numerically braking forces developed in individual brakes of a vehicle combination with the most dominant influencing factors, and in particular with the control pressure. That is how this advanced FMCS anticipates frictional behavior of brakes in the next brake application based on the history of precedent brake applications.
CitationAleksendric, D., Duboka, C., and Arsenic, Z., "Vehicle Combination Braking Compatibility Behavior," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2586, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-2586.
- Informal document No. 5, 51st GRRF Geneva February 2002
- ECE Regulation No. 13, Document E/ECE/324-E/ECE/TRANS/505, Rev. 1/Add.12/Rev.4 August 2000
- Aleksendrić D. Duboka Č. Virtual Reality - New Technology for System Engineering Fisita World Automotive Congress 1989, Paper F98T667 Paris 1998
- Aleksendrić D. Application of the System Engineering Methods in the Development of Brakes Belgrade 1999
- Aleksendrić D. Duboka Č. Virtual Testing of Brakes Seoul 2000 FISITA World Automotive Congress, Paper F2000/G333 Seoul 2000
- Todorović J. Duboka Č. Arsenić Ž. Operational life expectancy of rubbing elements in automotive brakes Tribology International 28 7 423 432 1995
- Duboka Č. Arsenić Ž. Milosavljević M. Tribo-mutations in tribo-mechanical systems Proc. II Int. Conference on Tribology BALKANTRIB 96 Thessalonica 1996 703 710
- Duboka Č. von Glasner E.- C. Arsenić Ž. Identification of Tribo-mutation Effects in Road Vehicle Brakes 1st World Tribology Congress 203 London 1997
- Glasner E.-C. Povel R. Marwitz H. Future Braking System Management for Commercial Vehicles Proc. 18th Int. Conf. “Science and Motor Vehicles '01” Belgrade 2001 Yugoslavia