This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis of Choosen Parameters of Dual Fuel CI Engine Fuelled With Propane-Butane Gas as a Main Fuel
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 09, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: International Body Engineering Conference & Exhibition and Automotive & Transportation Technology Congress
In the Department of IC Engines and Automobiles in Technical University of Radom, CI engine has been modified to dual fuelling. As a main fuel liquid petroleum gas (LPG) is used. The diesel fuel is used to initiate combustion. Some investigation of standard diesel engine and modified one has been carried out.
Tests of the engines consisted of preparation of load characteristics for some different ignition diesel fuel doses and for different injection timing of ignition dose. The emission of exhausts gases and histories of pressures as a function of crank angle has been measured during examination of the engines. It was noticed that the volume of ignition diesel oil dose and injection timing strongly influences overall efficiency, maximum engine torque and emissions and value of combustion process parameters. Combustion process was analysed in details in order to explain the causes of improvement of engine overall efficiency as well as possibility of knock combustion appearance in examined fuel system.
CitationLuft, S. and Michalczewski, A., "Analysis of Choosen Parameters of Dual Fuel CI Engine Fuelled With Propane-Butane Gas as a Main Fuel," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2234, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-2234.
- Luft S. The Influence of Regulating Parameters of Dual Fuel Compression Ignition Engine Fuelled with LPG on its Maximum Torque, Overall Efficiency and Emission. ATT CE 2001 Proceedings 2
- Goto S. Furutani H. Komori M. Yagi M. LPG - Diesel Engine. International Journal of Vehicle Design 15 1994
- Kusaka J. Daisho Y. Kihara R. Saito T. Combustion and Exhaust Gas Emission Characteristics of a Diesel Engine Dual-Fuelled with Natural Gas. The Fourth International Symposium COMODIA'98 Proceedings Japan, Koyoto 1998
- Ogawa H. Chenyu L. Tosaka S. Fujiwara Y. Miyamoto N. Combustion Mechanism Analysis, with In-Chamber Gas Composition Measurements in a Premixed Lean Compression Ignition Engine. The Fourth International Symposium COMODIA'98 Proceedings Japan, Koyoto 1998
- Furutani M. Ohta Y. Kono M. Hasegawa M. An Ultra-Lean Premixed Compression-Ignition Engine Concept and its Characteristics. The Fourth International Symposium COMODIA'98 Proceedings Japan, Koyoto 1998
- Miyamoto T. Hayashi A. K. Harada A. Sasaki S. Akagawa H. Tsujimura K. Numerical Simulation of Premixed Lean Diesel Combustion in DI Engine. The Fourth International Symposium COMODIA'98 Proceedings Japan, Koyoto 1998
- Takatsuto R. Igarashi T. Iida N. Auto Ignition and Combustion of DME and n-Butane / Air Mixtures in Homogeneous Charge Compression Ignition Engine. The Fourth International Symposium COMODIA'98 Proceedings Japan, Koyoto 1998
- Kowalewicz A. Ecological Concepts of Automotive IC Engines. FISITA'98 Proceedings Paris
- Karim G.A. Zhaoda, Yan An Analytical Model for Knock in Dual Fuel Engine of the Compression Ignition Type 97 SAE 880151 1988