This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Fuzzy and Neuro-Fuzzy Controller for Active Suspension
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 09, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: International Body Engineering Conference & Exhibition and Automotive & Transportation Technology Congress
Design of a fuzzy controller for active suspension of a compact car is the topic of this article. The car dynamic model used for this purpose is very large and completely nonlinear. A large part of this model namely the car basic dynamics is constructed in ADAMS software which in excess of considering the components in their real working conditions, it includes parameters such as flexibility of parts and joints. The hydraulic system of the active suspension system is modeled in Matlab and the two softwares are linked to form the complete car model. Using control methods on the basis of neural network and fuzzy logic, a controller is designed that can eliminate roll over of the car in sever driving conditions.
CitationDurali, M. and Kassaiezadeh, A., "Fuzzy and Neuro-Fuzzy Controller for Active Suspension," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2204, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-2204.
- Yoon K. H., and San Y., “Neuro-Controlled Active Suspension with Preview for Ride Comfort”, SAE Transaction Paper, No.931969, 1993.
- Sharp R. S., Pan D., “On Active Roll Control For Automobile”, Proc. Of 12th IAVSD-Symposium, Lyon, France, pp.566-583, Aug. 1991.
- Hwang S. M., and Park Y., “Active Roll Moment Distribution Based on Predictive Control”, Int. J. of Vehicle Design, Vol.16, No.1, pp.15-28, 1995.
- Barbieri N., “The Optimal Active Suspension Systems for an Off Road Vehicle”, Int. J. of Vehicle Design, Vol. 16, Nos. 2/3, pp.219-228, 1995.
- Yoshima T., “A Semi-Active Suspension of Passenger Cars Using Fuzzy Reasoning and the Field Testing”, Int. J. of Vehicle Design, Vol. 19, No.2, pp. 150-166, 1998.
- Watanebe Y., and Sharp R. S., “Mechanical and Control Design of a Variable Geometry Active Suspension System”, Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 23, Nos. 2/3, August 1999.
- Durali M., and Kasaeizadeh A. R., “A Neural Network Approximation of Nonlinear Car Model Using ADAMS Simulation Result”, SAE-ATT Conf., SAE Paper 2001-01-3324, Barcelona, Spain, Oct. 2001.
- Demuth H., and Beath M., “Neural Network Toolbox for use with Matlab”, Ver.4.0, Mathworks Inc., 2000.
- “Fuzzy Toolbox for use with Matlab”, Ver.2.0, Mathworks Inc., 2000.
- Jang J. S. R., Sun C. T., and Mizutani E., “Neuro-Fuzzy and Soft Computing; A Computational Approach to Learning and Machine Intelligence”, Prentice & Hall, Upper saddle River, NJ, 1997.
- Nauck D., and Klawonn F., and Kruse R., “Neuro-Fuzzy Systems”, John Wiley & Sons Ltd., Lane, Chichester, West Sussex, 1997.