This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Estimation of Fuel Consumption Savings in a Wheeled Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 09, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: International Body Engineering Conference & Exhibition and Automotive & Transportation Technology Congress
Fuel consumption depends on the automobile constructional parameters, speed and operational conditions. Since they determine the dynamic qualities as well, it is expedient to use that common dependency to find a complex solution of both problems.
As it was stated in Estimation of Dynamic Qualities of Undercarriage Machines at ATT 2001 Conference and Exhibition in Barcelona, the assessment methods known up to now assume that the resistance with moving is a constant. The influence of loading and speed modes on the power losses is not taken into account.
The paper presents methods of theoretical study on the economic qualities of a transport undercarriage machine considering the multi-factor influence of operational conditions.
CitationBenchev, B., "Estimation of Fuel Consumption Savings in a Wheeled Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2182, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-2182.
- Benchev B., Estimation of Dynamic Qualities of Undercarriage Machines, ATT Congress and Exhibition, Barcelona, 2001.
- Grishkevich A., Avtomobili. Teoria. Minsk, “Visshaja shkola”, 1986 (in Russian).
- Swone R., Internal combusmiom engines, co-published by SAE and Macmillia Press, td.(UK), 1993.
- Petrushev N., Ocenka toplivnoj ekonomichnosti na neustanovivshija rejimah dvijenija, Avtomobilnaja promishlenost, Moscow, 1990 (in Russian)
- Harrson W.M., Handbook of Statistical Methods for Engineers and Scientists, USA, 1988.
- Sieffert U. and Walzer P., Automobile Technology of the Future, USA, 1990.