This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of a Haptic Braking System as an ACC Vehicle FCW Measure
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 07, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This work examines the development and implementation of a pulsing brake control system as part of a Forward Collision Warning (FCW) System for an Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) prototype vehicle. The brake pulse is a likely candidate to be employed with visual and auditory cues in the event of an imminent collision alert level when the driver is not in ACC mode.
|Technical Paper||Development of Automatic Braking System to Help Reduce Rear Impacts|
|Technical Paper||A Side Impact Taxonomy for USA Field Data|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Event Data Recorder - Output Data Definition|
CitationRiley, B., Kuo, G., Nethercutt, T., Shipp, K. et al., "Development of a Haptic Braking System as an ACC Vehicle FCW Measure," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1601, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-1601.
- Fancher, Z. Bareket Ervin R. “Human-Centered Design of an ACC -With-Braking and Forward -Crash Warning Systems” P. Proceedings of AVEC 2000 5 th Int'l Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control August 2000
- McLaughlin, S. Measurement of Driver Preferences and Intervention Responses as Influenced by Adaptive Cruise Control Deceleration Characteristics Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Blacksburg, Virginia June 29 1998
- NHTSA Benefits Working Group “Preliminary Assessment of Crash Avoidance System Benefits” NHTSA Report Washington, DC October 1996
- Intelligent Cruise Control Field Operational Test I & II NHTSA May 1998
- Barber, P. Clarke, N. “Advanced Collision Warning Systems,” IEE Colloquium on Industrial Automation and Control: Applications in the Automotive Industry IEE London, UK 1998 21 29
- Wang, B. Abe M. Kano Y. “A Research and Design of Vehicle Dynamics Control Algorithm Adapted to the Aged Driver” Proceedings of AVEC 2000 5 th Int'l Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control August 2000
- Siruru B. “Do Collision Warning Systems Reduce Accidents” UTC Sept. Oct. 1998
- Smith, M. “Automotive Collision Avoidance System Field Operational Test: Warning Cue Implementation Summary Report.” NHTSA June 2001
- Kiefer, R. Leblanc, D. Palmer, M. Salinger, J. Deering, R. Shulman, M. 1999 May “Forward collision warning systems final report: Definition and validation of functional definitions and evaluation procedures for collision warning/avoidance systems” Farmington Hills, MI Collision Avoidance Metrics Program
- Wickens, C.D. Gordon, S.E. Liu, Y. “An Introduction to Human Factors Engineering” Longman New York 1998
- Fancher, P. et. al. “Intelligent Cruise Control Field Operational Test (Final Report) NHTSA May 1998