This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
New Approaches for Computer Support in Application Engineering, Development and Design of Hydrostatic Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 19, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The Institute for Mechanical Engineering Design of the Technical University Hamburg-Harburg is developing a product model based tool for application engineering of hydrostatic systems, which supports the early stages of product design. To guarantee that all employees of the company have access to product data and design knowledge via Intranet the tool is WEB-based. Increased data processing support especially in the early stages of product development requires computer supported acquisition of the task, which is offered by the tool. Additionally different modules support the solution identification process by supplying design experience and giving access to realized solutions. Circuit diagram creation, selection of components, system simulation, error estimation and 3D-layout of the hydrostatic system are also supported by the tool. The central component of the projecting tool is a product model, defined especially for hydrostatic systems, in which all product specific analysis and synthesis data are stored. The design of the hydrostatic system, thus the filling of the current product model with information, takes place with help of IT-tools, which support the several stages of product design, following the VDI guideline 2221 .
Design of Hydrostatic Systems, namely control-systems and especially hydraulic manifolds is “the up to date” subject of „by hand” designers; CAD-support can be found as a tool to reproduce a handmade layout for interference checking, presentation and make of production drawings. To create a higher efficiency a CAD-tool must be extended for this special task, so that some of the calculations and checking of the constraints can be done internally by the program and are immediately available.
Due to this situation the „Arbeitsbereich Konstruktionstechnik I” started to build a design system based on an object-oriented 3D-CAD-modeller. With the object-oriented programming it is possible to create product models that contain not only geometric data but also technical and administrative data that are necessary for calculations and constraint checking. Based on this technology product models for hydrostatic components are evaluated and used in the new design system.
|Technical Paper||Design Aspects of Timber Cutting Hydraulics in a Single-Grip Harvester|
|Technical Paper||CAE-based Virtual Shaker Table for Exhaust System Component Development|
|Technical Paper||Axiomatic Design for a Total Robust Development Process|
CitationFeldmann, D., Pott, B., and Schmidt, J., "New Approaches for Computer Support in Application Engineering, Development and Design of Hydrostatic Systems," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1419, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-1419.
- VDI-Richtlinie 2221 “Methodik zum Entwickeln und Konstruieren technischer Systeme und Produkte” VDI-Verlag Düsseldorf 1986
- VDI-Richtlinie 2225 “Konstruktionsmethodik, Technisch-wirtschaftliche Bewertung” VDI-Verlag Düsseldorf 1990
- Stritzke, H. Internetgestütztes Informations- und Kommunikationssystem für verteilte Projektteams am Beispiel der Produktentstehung. Fortschrittsberichte VDI Reihe 10 Nr. 569. VDI-Verlag Düsseldorf 1999
- Hoffmann, M. Zur Automatisierung des Designprozesses fluidischer Systeme. Fachbereich 17 Mathematik/Informatik der Universität-GH Paderborn Dezember 1999
- ISO 10303 - 1: Industrial Automation Systems and Integration - Product Data and Representation and Exchange - Part 1
- N. N. ACIS 5.0 - Getting Started Guide Spatial Technology Inc U.S.A 1999
- N. N. ACIS Open Solutions Catalog Spatial Technology Inc U.S.A 1998