This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Fundamental Study of Single Droplet and Droplets Array Combustion with Premixed Gas
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 4, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In the actual spray combustion fields, coupled combustion process should be occurred, between the pre-evaporate fuel component and remaining liquid droplets. Therefore it is insufficient to clarify the fundamental spray combustion mechanism with use of only droplet or only premixed mixture analyze method. In this study, the premixed mixture - droplets coupled combustion field was focused as a model of the actual spray combustion field. In the experiments, the effect of the flame pattern and the combustion rate constant by the interference between the droplets were clarified with the variation of fuels used by droplets. Besides, the effect of the premixed gas surrounding the droplets was clarified by the experiment on coupled combustion. The experiments were carried out under the normal gravity field and the micro gravity field to estimate the effect of convection in combustion field
CitationKawai, T., Sora, M., Kiriyama, H., Yosida, N. et al., "Fundamental Study of Single Droplet and Droplets Array Combustion with Premixed Gas," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0648, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0648.
- RexJ.F., FuthsA.E., PennerS.S., Interference Effects During Burning in Air for Stationary n-Heptane, Ethyl Alcohol, and Methyl Alcohol Droplets, Jet Propul. 26, (1956), pp.179-187
- FedoseevaN.V., Combustion of a System of Liquid Fuel Drops, Adv. Aerosol Phys., No2, (1972), pp.110-118
- MIKAMI Masato, KATO Hideki, SATO Junichi and KONO Michikata, Effect of Gravity on Interactive Combustion of Fuel Droplets, Bulletin of the JSME, 61-582 B (1995), pp-373-379
- KONISI Katsuyuki, KONO Michikata, IINUMA Kazuo, Interaction Effects on the Combustion of Susperded Droplet Array, Bulletin of the JSME, 51-467 B (1985), pp-2218-2224
- OKAI Keiichi, KATO Hideki, ENOMOTO Hiroshi, KANEKO Takao, KUNIEDA Shusuke, MIKAMI Masato, SATO Jyunichi, TSUE Mitsuhiro, KONO Michikata, Pressure Effects on Interactive Combustion of Two-Bicomponent Droplets in Microgravity, Proc. 35th Symp. Combust., The combustion Institute (1997), pp.98-100