This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Process Definition Environment for Component Based Manufacturing Machine Control Systems Developed Under the Foresight Vehicle Programme
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 4, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The COMponent Based Paradigm for AGile Automation (COMPAG) provides a component-based solution to engine production-line machine control systems. The traditional PLC system is replaced with a distributed control network containing intelligent nodes comprising locally controlled actuators and sensors.
The Process Definition Environment provides support for the specification, configuration, and maintenance of the machine control application and facilitates both the initial design and maintenance stages of the lifecycle by describing the control logic as a set of consistent timing and state transition diagrams commonly used in the initial design stages.
CitationThomas, D., West, A., Harrison, R., and McLeod, C., "A Process Definition Environment for Component Based Manufacturing Machine Control Systems Developed Under the Foresight Vehicle Programme," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0468, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0468.
- Eeles P., Sims O., “Building Business Objects.”, J Wiley & Sons, ISBN: 047 1191760, March 1998.
- Harrison R. et Al, “Component Based Distributed Control Systems For Automotive Manufacturing Machinery Developed Under the Foresight Vehicle Programme”, S.A.E. Conference 2001.
- Rumbaugh J., Jacobson I., Booch G, “The Unified Modeling Language Reference Manual”, Addison Wesley, ISBN 020130998X, December 1998.
- Box. D,, “Essential COM”. Addison Wesley, ISBN: 0201634465, January 1998.
- Brown A. W., “Component-Based Software Engineering: Selected Papers from the Software Engineering Institute.” IEEE Computer Society, OSBN: 081867718X, September 1996.