This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Advanced Low Platinum Group Metal Three-Way Catalyst for LEV-II and ULEV-II Compliance
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Catalytic Solutions, Inc. has developed a breakthrough catalyst technology utilizing new mixed metal oxides in conjunction with Platinum Group Metals. Stable synergies are designed into the catalyst washcoat that enable high three-way performance durability to be achieved at low precious metal usage. Several vehicle test cases will be reported showing how this low-PGM technology meets LEV-II and ULEV-II performance levels. Catalyst technology developments discussed in the vehicle setting will be referenced with flow reactor studies that simulate critical FTP performance features. Results of characterization studies on fresh and aged coatings will be described, and discussed in the context of vehicle aging factors.
- Timothy Truex - Catalytic Solutions, Inc.
- Steve J. Golden - Catalytic Solutions, Inc.
- Andrew D. Polli - Catalytic Solutions, Inc.
- Rachel Hawthorne - Catalytic Solutions, Inc.
- Randy Hatfield - Catalytic Solutions, Inc.
- Michael G. Cotton - Catalytic Solutions, Inc.
- Kevin Flynn - Catalytic Solutions, Inc.