This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Parametric Study for Design Factors on Engine Bearings by using TEHL Analysis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
As the downsizing and lightening of the engine are designed, the compact and lightweight of the housing should be required. Therefore, both the engine bearing and the housing are greatly deformed under the severe condition, and a heat generation due to the friction loss increases in the bearings. In this study, on the connecting rod bearing for the automotive engine, the bearing design factors as the oil inlet temperature, the rotational speed, the bearing clearance and the bearing length, are changed as a parameter. The influences of the design factors for the performance of the connecting rod bearing are investigated by using TEHL analysis (Thermo ElastoHydrodynamic Lubrication theory analysis).
|Technical Paper||The Effects of Different Parameters on Connecting Rod Hydrodynamic Bearing|
|Technical Paper||Experimental Study for High Specific Load Bearings in the Diesel Engine|
|Technical Paper||79 Study on Bearing Lubricity of Two-cycle Engine Oil|
CitationKatagiri, T., Hanahashi, M., and Okamoto, Y., "Parametric Study for Design Factors on Engine Bearings by using TEHL Analysis," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0298, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0298.
- Goenka, P.K. Oh, K.P. “An Optimum Connecting Rod Design Study - A Lubrication Viewpoint” Tans.ASME, J.Tribology 108(3) 487 1986
- Fenner, D.N. McIvor, J.D.C. Conway-Jones, J.M. Xu, H. “The Effect of Compliance on Peak Oil Film Pressure in Connecting Rod Bearings” Proceedings for 19 th Leeds-Lyon Symposium On Tribology, Leeds 149 1992
- Xu, H. “Effects of EHD Contacts Upon the Bearing and Housing Behavior” SAE , No. 960987 1996
- Okamoto, Y. Hanahashi, M. Katagiri, T. “Theoretical Analysis Bearing Considering Elastic Deformation: Effects of the Housing stiffness and Bearing Length on Bearing Performances” JSAE Review 20(2) 203 1999
- Okamoto, Y. Hanahashi, M. Katagiri, T. “Effects of Housing Stiffness and Bearing Dimension on Engine Bearing Performance by Elastohydrodynamic Lubrication Analysis” Trans. ASME 122 697 2000
- Katagiri, T. Hanahashi, M. Morio, I. Okamoto, Y. “A Study for Optimum Design on Engine Bearings by Using EHL Analysis” Proceeding of the International Tribology Conference Nagasaki 2000
- Hanahashi, M. Katagiri, T. Okamoto, Y. “Theoretical Analysis of Engine Bearing Considering Both Elastic Deformation and Oil Film Temperature Distribution” SAE , No. 2001-01-1076 2001
- Jacobson, B. Floberg, L. “The Finite Journal Bearing Considering Vaporization” Chalmers Tekniska Hogskolas Handlingan 199 1 1957
- Pkiebsch, H.H. Loibnegger, B. Krasser, J. Laback, O. “A calculation method for crank train bearings considering pressure and temperature dependent oil viscosity” SIA 3 rd International Congress Paris May 1996