This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Enhancement of Yield Criteria Considering Anisotropic Behaviors of Sheet Metals
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Limitations in the commonly used anisotropic yield criteria of sheet metals, such as Hill's 1948 and Hosford's 1979, are discussed in this paper. Analyses demonstrate that the commonly used yield criteria do not satisfy simultaneously the uniaxial tensile test data in rolling, transverse and diagonal directions and equibiaxial tension data. In order for the existing anisotropic yield criteria to fit experimental data in all the orientations, an enhanced method and an associated yield criterion are proposed. The method proposed can also be used to modify various anisotropic yield criteria in order to fit more material test data.
CitationHu, W. and Liu, S., "Enhancement of Yield Criteria Considering Anisotropic Behaviors of Sheet Metals," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0158, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0158.
- Hill R. A Theory of the Yielding and Plastic Flow of Anisotropic Metals Proc. R. Soc. Lond. Ser. A. 193 281 1948
- Hill R. Theoretical Plasticity of Textured Aggregates Math. Proc. Camb. Phil. Soc. 85 179 1979
- Barlat F. Lian J. Plastic Behavior and Stretchability of Sheet Metals. Part 1: A Yield Function for Orthotropic Sheet under Plane Stress Conditions Int. J. Plasticity 5 51 1989
- Hosford W. F. Comments on Anisotropic Yield Criteria Int. J. Mech. Sci. 27 7/8 423 1985
- Bassani J. L. Yield Characterization of Metals with Transversally Isotropic Plastic Properties Int. J. Mech. Sci. 19 651 1977
- Gotoh M. A Theory of Plastic Anisotropy Based on A Yield Function of Fourth Order Int. J. Mech. Sci. 19 505 1977
- Hosford W. F. On Yield Loci of Anisotropic Cubic Metals Proc. 7th North American Metalworking Conf. SME. Dearborn 191 197 1979
- Hu W. An Exponential Hardening Model for Anisotropic Sheet Metals Steel Research 71 6+7 26 2000
- Hu W. Experimental Strain-hardening Behaviors and Associated Formulizations with Anisotropic Materials Computl. Matrls. Science 18 355 2000
- Drucker D. C. A More Fundamental Approach to Plastic Stress-Strain Relations Proc. 1st US. Natl. Congress on Applied Mechanics 487 1951