This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Investigation on Characteristics of Lean Limit Flame in a Closed Bomb
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 01, 2001 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
Event: SIAT 2001
Form the viewpoint of low air pollution and energy saving in the internal combustion engines, experiments have been carried out to examine the characteristics of flame propagation near the lean limit mixtures in a closed bomb by using the microgravity techinique. The true flame characteristics is examined by realizing the spherical flame propagation in a closed bomb under microgravity. Furthermore, the effect of hydrogen added in lean limit mixtures and improvement of the reflectivity of the internal surface wall of the combustion bomb are studied to enhance the flame propagation speed of lean limit mixtures.
|Technical Paper||Hydrogen Fuel for Underground Mining Machinery|
|Technical Paper||Comparison of Ultimate Fuels - Hydrogen and Methane|
|Technical Paper||The Passenger Car and the Greenhouse Effect|
- Satoshi Okajima - Faculty of Engineering, Hosei University, Tokyo, Japan e-mail: email@example.com
- Akiko Okajima - Faculty of Engineering, Hosei University, Tokyo, Japan e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tadashige Kawakami - Faculty of Engineering, Hosei University, Tokyo, Japan e-mail: email@example.com
CitationOkajima, S., Okajima, A., and Kawakami, T., "Investigation on Characteristics of Lean Limit Flame in a Closed Bomb," SAE Technical Paper 2001-28-0011, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-28-0011.
- Okubo, T. Text of Aluminum Property 105 1940
- Lewis, B. Von Elbe, G. Combust. Flame & Explosions of Gases 2nd 336 337 Academic Press 1961
- Okajima, S. Drop Tower Days 9-21 1921
- Mizutani, Y. Text of Combustion Technology 29 33 1995