This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Diesel Engine Technology Needs for India for the Next Five Years
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 01, 2001 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
Event: SIAT 2001
This paper considers the needs of the diesel passenger car / Multi Utility Vehicle (MUV), truck and off-highway markets in India for the next five years with regard to the technology available now and the need for technology development in the near future. The need for low sulphur fuel is considered, particularly with regard to the use of aftertreatment in the future.
CitationBest, C., Penny, I., Freeman, H., Nicol, A. et al., "Diesel Engine Technology Needs for India for the Next Five Years," SAE Technical Paper 2001-28-0008, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-28-0008.
- Russell J T Freeman H D Broome D “The Diesel Passenger Car in the age of Severe Emission Legislation” EAEC Conference on Vehicle Dynamics and Powertrain Engineering SIS Strasbourg 1991
- Ghodke P R Patil S S Munankami G B Sharma R P “Combustion Optimisation of A 2.5 Litre Idi Engine To Meet Euro-2 Norms” SAE / SIAT Conference 2001 India SAE 2001-01-0026
- Edwards S P Penny I J Ross-Martin T J “The Development Of The Ricardo Ceres Hsdi Diesel Engined Passenger Car For Euro 3 And Beyond” 4th International Conference On The Automotive Industry And The Environment Brussels 17-18 Sep 1996
- Doyle D.M “Direct Injection Combustion Principles And Practice For Low Emissions” CIMAC Conference Florence, Italy 1991
- Havenith C Edwards S P Such C H Needham J R “Development Of A Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine Towards Euro 3 Using Exhaust Gas Recirculation” EAEC 5 th International Conference Strasbourg June 1995
- Such C H Doyle D M Broome D “The Advanced Diesel Engine For Off-Highway Applications” ASME Conference On New Developments In Off-Highway Engines Waterloo, Iowa 1992
- Doyle D M Faulkner S A Nicol A J “The Role Of Fuel Injection Systems In Tomorrow's Low Emission Di Engine” Diesel Fuel Injection Systems Seminar - I.Mech.E April 1992
- Needham J R Nicol A J “Fuel Efficient And Green - The Future Heavy Duty Diesel Engine” I.Mech.E. Conference On Worldwide Engine Emissions Standards And How To Meet Them London 25-26 May 1993
- “Strategic Analysis Of Technologies For Future Truck Engines” Edwards S P Frankle G R Binder K Wirbeleit F SAE 2000-01-3458
- Hore P R Dunn M E Burton D J Bending R G SAE 2001-01-1932 2001 “Strategies For Meeting Future Harmonised Emissions Standards In Sports Utlility Vehicles With Direct Injection Diesel Engines”
- Dunn M E Whitfield S Stokes J Osborne R J “Engine Downsizing - A Fundamental Approach To Vehicle Fuel Economy” Haus Der Technik Conference On Downsizing Munich 2000
- Morgan R E Edwards; S P Nicol A J Johnstone I D Needham J R “A Premium Heavy Duty Engine Concept For 2005 And Beyond” SAE 1999-01-0831 1999
- Edwards S P Pilley A D Michon S Fournier G “The Optimisation Of Common Rail Fie Equipped Engines Through The Use Of Statistical Experimental Design, Mathematical Modelling And Genetic Algorithms” SAE 970346 1997
- Such C H Andersson P G Freeman H D Needham J R “The Development Of Technology For Euro 4 Heavy-Duty Engines” 7th Aachen Colloquium On Automobile & Engine Technology 1998 1