This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Selection, Construction, Validation and Utilization of An Open Area Test Site for EMI Testing of Automotive Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 10, 2001 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: SIAT 2001
The paper discusses the selection, construction, validation and utilization of an Open Area Test Site (OATS) for Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) testing of automotive vehicles, as per International/National Standards. Selection of Obstruction Free Area (OFA) for tests on automotive vehicles and Electronic Subassemblies (ESA's) of the vehicles as per International Standard CISPR 12, Designing of Conductive Ground Plane (CGP) covering the various critical factors like type of CGP, Procedures for joints, method of protective coating to CGP etc., Earthing system for CGP, Precautions in earthing such as moisturization, chemical salting etc. and Electrical Power Supply System at OATS are explained. Design of earthing configuration and procedures for calibration of OATS as per International Standard ANSI C63.4, 1992 are explained with experimental results. Radiated emission results of a vehicle tested at the site is illustrated to exhibit the usefulness of the test facility established.
CitationSakthivel, K., Das, S., and Kini, K., "Selection, Construction, Validation and Utilization of An Open Area Test Site for EMI Testing of Automotive Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 2001-26-0054, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-26-0054.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- ANSI C 63.7 1988 American National Standard Guide for Construction of Open Area Test Site for performing Radiated Emission Measurements
- ANSI C 63.4 1992 American National Standard for Methods of Measurement of Radio Noise Emissions from Low-voltage Electrical and Electronic Equipment in the Range of 9 kHz - 40 GHz
- Automotive Industry Standard (AIS) 004 / 1999, Electromagnetic Radiation from Automotive Vehicle - Permissible Levels & Methods of Tests ARAI Pune January 1999
- Denny, H. W., et al. ‘Grounding, Bonding and Shielding Practices and Procedures for Electronic Equipments and Facilities’ 1 NTIS Report, AD-A022 332 1975
- Mardiguian, M. ‘Grounding and Bonding’ 2 Interference Control Technologies Inc. Gainesville, Virginia 1988
- Kodali, V. K. ‘Engineering Electromagnetic Compatibility Principles, Measurements, and Technologies’ IEEE, Inc. New York 1996
- Das, S. K. ‘Grounding of Shielded Chamber,’ Technical Report S-CEM/605/TR, SAMEER - Centre for Electro-magnetics Madras Oct. 1987