This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Methodology to Define the Design Specification of Injection Molded Component and its Application in the Automobile Industries
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 05, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In the process of definition the component design specifications, the dependence and interdependence among the requirements, rules, strategies and design recommendations should be considered. However, in the conceptual design phase, the level of abstraction of the available information is high, and the methodologies present only superficial recommendations about the process to define design specifications. The consequences of these approach are reflected on the generation of conceptions with high costs and lost of resources during the design process. The objective of this paper is to present a methodology to define the design specifications, its application in the design of injection molded components and the software SISCOI developed to support this activity.
CitationFerreira, C., Forcellini, F., and Ogliari, A., "Methodology to Define the Design Specification of Injection Molded Component and its Application in the Automobile Industries," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3928, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-3928.
- Akao, Y. “Quality Function Deployment - QFD: Integrating Customers Requirements into Product Design.” Cambridge. Productivity Press, 1990.
- Blanchard, B.S and Fabrycky, W. J. “System Engineering and Analysis.” Second Edition. London. Prentice-Hall. Inc. 1990.
- Borland. Borland Delphi. Developer's Guide, 1997.
- Chin. K. e Wong, T.N. Developing a Knowledge-based Injection Mould Cost Estimation System by Decision Tables. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 1996.
- Ferreira, C.V. “Methodology of Development and Estimate of Costs of Injected Components.” Qualification. PPGEM. Department of Mechanical Engineering.. UFSC. Brazil. 1999.
- Ferreira, C.V. Forcellini, A.F. and Ogliari. A. The Use of QFD and TRIZ during the Conceptual Design Phase of Injection Plastic Molding Components - A Tool to Aid the Process of Establishment the Specifications of Component. 5th International Symposium on Quality Function Deployment. August. Brasil. 1999.
- Ogliari, A. “Sistematização of the Aided Conception of Products for Computer with Applications in the Domain of Components of Injected Plastic”. Florianópolis. SC. PPGEM. UFSC. 1999. Thesis.
- Mazur. G. “TRIZ - Theory of Inventive Problem Solving”. www-personal.engin.umich.edu/∼gmazur/triz. 199-. [S.I.: s.n.].
- Pahl, G and Beitz, W. “Enginneering Design: Systematic Approach”. Berlin. Springer Verlag. 1996.
- Malloy, R.A. “Plastic part design goes injection molding: an introduction” Munich. 1994. Hanser Publishers.