This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Study of Effects of Design Parameters on Transient Response and Injection Rate Shaping for a Common Rail Injector System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 24, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
FIRCRI-a flexible injection rate common rail injector was developed. This paper presents the working principle and the configuration of the injector. As key technologies in development of the injector, a new fast response solenoid valve was developed and 4 dimensionless design parameters of hydraulic system were presented by through computer simulation and experimental study. The solenoid valve was deliberately designed so as to eliminate the hydraulic force acting on the valve. Other configuration parameters were also optimized so that the response time of the solenoid valve is 0.3 ms. It is interesting to find that the response time of the injector is not only determined by the solenoid valve, but all parameters of the hydraulic system of the injector. The injector can realize pilot injection, which is less than 2.5mm3, at a controllable phase and multi-injections. The injection rate of the injector can be regulated as echelon and boot shape, according to the requirement fitting engine combustion system by change some parts of the injector.
- Wanhua Su - National Engine Combustion Lab., Tianjin Univ.
- Yang Wang - National Engine Combustion Lab., Tianjin Univ.
- Tiejian Lin - National Engine Combustion Lab., Tianjin Univ.
- Hui Xie - National Engine Combustion Lab., Tianjin Univ.
- Yiqiang Pei - National Engine Combustion Lab., Tianjin Univ.
- Shaoan Li - Weifu Company Wuxi
- Gang Cheng - Weifu Company Wuxi
- Xiaobo Wang - Weifu Company Wuxi
CitationSu, W., Wang, Y., Lin, T., Xie, H. et al., "A Study of Effects of Design Parameters on Transient Response and Injection Rate Shaping for a Common Rail Injector System," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3506, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-3506.
- Miyaiki Masahiko Fujisawa Hideya Masuda Akira Yamamoto Yoshihisa “Development of a New Electronic Controlled Fuel Injection System ECD-U2 for Diesel Engines” SAE Paper 910252
- Rinolfi R. Dr. Imarisio R. Dr. buratti R. Dr. “The Potentials of a New Common Rail Diesel Fuel Injection System for the Next Generation of DI Diesel Engines” 16. International wiener motorensymposium VDI-Verlag Reihe 12 239 1995
- Hoffmann Karl-Heinz et al. 1997 10
- Guerrassi N. Dupraz P. “A Common Rail Injection System for High Speed Direct Injection Diesel Engines” SAE Paper 980803
- Cole C. Sturman O.E. Giordano D. “Application of Digital Valve Technology to Diesel Fuel Injection” SAE Paper 1999-01-0196
- Endo Shin et al. “Development of J-Series Engine and Adoption of Common Rail Fuel Injection System” SAE Paper 970818
- Source: Diesel Progress February 25 1998
- Flaig Ulrich et al “Common Rail System(CR-System) for Passenger Car DI Diesel Engines; Experiences with Applications for Series Production Projects” SAE Paper 1999-01-0191
- SU W. H. “Advances and Trends in Combustion Technology for Diesel Engines” Symposium on Engine Combustion 1999
- Funai Kenji Yamaguchi Takashi Itoh Shohei “Injection Rate Shaping Technology with Common Rail Fuel System (ECD-U2)” SAE Paper 96107
- Ikegami Makoto Nakatani Koichiro Tanaka Shotaro Yamane Koji “Fuel Injection Rate Shaping and its Effect on Exhaust Emissions in a Direct Injection Diesel Engine Using a Spool Acceleration Type Injection system,” SAE Paper 970347
- Ganser M.A. “Common Rail Injector with Injection Rate Control” SAE Paper 981927
- Kato Tetsuro et al. “Common Rail Fuel Injection System for Improvement of Engine Performance on Heavy Duty Diesel Engines” SAE Paper 980806
- Uchida Noboru Shimokawa Kiyohiro Kudo Yugo Shimoda Masatoshi “Combustion Optimization by Means of Common Rail Injection System for Heavy Duty Diesel Engines,” SAE Paper 982679
- Badami M. Nuccio P. Trucco G. “Influence of Injection Pressure on Performance of a DI Diesel Engine with a Common Rail Fuel Injection System,” SAE Paper 990193
- Kakinai Akio Yamamoto Akira Sugihara Hiroyuki Nakagawa Hiroto Shoyama Kouji Uchino Naoaki “Development of the New K13C Engine with Common Rail Fuel Injection System,” SAE Paper 990833
- YANG H. M. SU W.H. WANG Y. Study of Effects of Dimensionless Numbers on Performance of a Common Rail Injector,” Transactions of IC Engines No.3 2000