This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Co-Operation Platform For Distributed Product Development
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper the ongoing work on a cross-platform, cross-device co-operation software, that is being developed in the basic research project “Rapid Product Development” (funded by the Deutsche Forschungs-gesellschaft), is presented.
Rapid Product Development (RPD) is characterised by a target-oriented use of prototypes, rapid iteration cycles and the employment of self-organising, often distributed, teams. The demand for co-ordination and communi-cation between these development teams is typically very high.
Objective of the software development is to reflect a “real life” RPD working environment and support distributed teams in the development process.
CitationTippmann, V., "Co-Operation Platform For Distributed Product Development," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3464, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-3464.
- Cebulla, T. Team-oriented Speechacts in Manufacturing Processes
- Kraut, R. Fish, R. Root, R. Calfonte, B. Informal Communication in Organisations Oskamp S. Spacapan S. People's Reactions to Technology in Factories Offices and Aerospace Sage, New York 1990
- Kraut, R. Streeter, L. Co-ordination in software development Communications of the ACM 38 69 81 1996
- Nardi, B. A. Whittaker, S. Bradner E. Interaction and Outeraction: Instant Messaging in Action Proceeding on the ACM 2000 Conference on Computer supported cooperative work Philadelphia 2000
- Whittaker, S. Rethinking video as a technology for interpersonal communication International Journal of Human Computer Studies 42 501 529 1995
- Steinheider, B. Burger, E. Ganz W. Warschat J. Kooperation in interdisziplinären Teams 8 Dresdner Symposium für Arbeits- und Organisationspsychologie 1999
- Steinheider, B. Bildungsdienstleister lernen gemeinsam mit den Kunden und anderen Bildungsdienstleistern Ansätze zum Transfer von Wissen in Unternehmen
- Teasley, S. Covi, L. Krishnan, M.S. Olson, J.S. How does radical collocation help a team succeed Proceeding on the ACM 2000 Conference on Computer supported cooperative work Philadelphia 2000
- Vertegaal, R. Velichkowsky, B. van de Veer, G. Catching the Eye SIGCHI Bulletin 29 4 1997 http://www.acm.org/sigchi/bulletin/1997.4/vertegaal.html