This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Gas Injection Technique - Part Design and Process Capability
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The gas injection technique (GIT) is a multi-component process, similar to the sandwich technique. By injecting inert gas into the molten plastic, hollow spaces are created in areas of the moulded part.
In order to reach the desired gas flow, it must be stated that the position of melt and gas injection is of particular importance. The requirements for mould filling and gas injection, will be shown using a sample moulded part.
Statistical methods, derived from well known SPC-index Cp and Design of Experiments (DoE), have been developed for the evaluation of process capability before series production. The benefits for GIT will be explained.
CitationHeim, H., "Gas Injection Technique - Part Design and Process Capability," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3427, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-3427.
- Michaeli, W. Haberstroh, E. 2000 52 56 Steinbichler G. 2000 65 93
- Eckardt, Helmut Gas Assisted Injection Moulding with Internal and External Gas Pressure - State of the Art - Latest Developments - Future Trends Fourteenth Annual Meeting Yokohama, Japan June 8-12 1998 57 58 Findeisen, H. RWTH Aachen 1997 Hansen, Michael Shaker Verlag, Aachen 1996 Moritzer, Elmar Shaker Verlag, Aachen 1997 Rennefeld, Christoph Shaker Verlag, Aachen 1996 Schröder, Thomas Verlag Mainz, Aachen 1997
- Offergeld, Heinrich Lochner, Jürgen 1995 1 71 75 Schröder, Thomas 9 95 39 43
- Utescheny, Ralf 1993 105 Johannaber, Friedrich 1993 91
- Jaroschek, Christoph 1997 9 1172 1176
- Schröder, Thomas Verlag Mainz, Aachen 1997 49 50 Jaroschek, Christoph Utescheny, Ralf 1991 55 57 Potente, H. Hansen, M. Burgdorf, D. 1995 3 40 51
- Turng, Lih-Sheng General Design Guidelines for Gas-Assisted Injection Molding using a CAE Tool ANTEC '94 421 425 Rennefeld, Christoph Shaker Verlag, Aachen 1996
- Potente, H. Moritzer, E. 1998 4 62 67 Potente H. Heim H.-P. Moulded Part Design for the Gas Injection Technique SPE - ANTEC '99 May 2-6 1999 556
- Potente H. Heim H.-P. Moulded Part Design for the Gas Injection Technique SPE - ANTEC '99 May 2-6 1999 556
- Potente H. Heim H.-P. Process Specific Layout of Operating Conditions of Thin Walled Parts with Gas Conveying Ribs The Polymer Processing Society, Fourteenth Annual Meeting Yokohama, Japan June 8-12 1998 63 64