This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis of the influence of a vehicle's driveline dynamic behaviour regarding the performance perception at low frequencies
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The aim of this paper (which is the continuation of the work presented at the ISATA 2000 International Conference ) is to analyse the low frequency driveline torsional vibrations in a vehicle. It is known from many studies and investigations, that the driveline torsional vibrations are mainly responsible of the driver's performance perception and the vehicle's driveability [2, 3, 4]. So many manufacturers use the driveline's response in order to provide their vehicles with characteristics that are specific for the vehicle's segment class and the market.
In this regard the vibration's behaviour has been investigated, studying some typical steady and transient vehicle manoeuvres. As a diagnostic guideline for the design's concept development, a driveline simulation model in Matlab/Simulink environment has been implemented.
Therefore the basic features has been created to improve a complete vehicle co-simulation, using a engine cycle code and a mechanical driveline model.
The paper describes the utilised approach and gives same examples of its application in design and diagnostic.
The important results (steady and transient phenomena) have been compared with experimental data carried out on a small/medium Fiat Auto vehicle.
CitationCapitani, R., Delogu, M., and Pilo, L., "Analysis of the influence of a vehicle's driveline dynamic behaviour regarding the performance perception at low frequencies," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3333, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-3333.
- Capitani, R. Citti, P. Delogu, M. Pilo, L. “Experimental validation of a driveline numerical model for the study of vibrational comfort of a vehicle” Proceeding of the ISATA 2000 Conference Dublin (Ireland) 25-27 September 2000 521 530
- Menday, M. Rahnejat, H. “Spectral resolution of highly coupled non linear drivetrain elasto-acoustic vibration” Proceeding of the ISATA 2000 Conference Dublin (Ireland) 25-27 September 2000 495 503
- Hong, C.W. Lee, Y.C. “Dynamic Modeling and Experimental Verification of Road Vehicle Driving” Journal of Chinese Institute of Engineers 20 3 1997 303 314
- Hong, C.W. “Dynamic Simulation of Road Vehicle Performance Under Transient Accelerating Conditions” Journal of Automobile Engineering 1996 11 21
- Zegelaar, P.W.A. Pacejka, H.B. “The in Plane Dynamics of Tyres on Uneven Roads” Vehicle system dynamics, 14 th IAVSD Symposium of Vehicles on Roads and Tracks Ann Arbor, USA 21-25 August 1995 714 730
- Mancosu, F. Matrascia, G. Cheli, F. “Techniques for Determining the Parameters of a Two Dimensional Tyre Model for the Study of Comfort” 15° Annual Meeting of the Tyre Society University of Akron (Ohio) 19-20 March 1996 1 41