This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Odor Characterization of Automotive Cabins Using an Electronic Nose
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The customer increased sensitivity to air quality problem and the natural influence of smell on human behavior affect the purchasing decision as the opinion on the vehicle quality during its life. So the olfactory quality is an even more important issue.
Since the early 80's the car manufacturers have been working on the olfactory quality assessment using panel tests with trained or untrained sniffers.
The subjective tests are expensive and require a not negligible time to be organized. The Centro Ricerche FIAT evaluated the applicability of an electronic nose to assess the odor quality and compared the obtained results with the votes of a jury.
|Technical Paper||Data Processing Method of Finger Blood Pulse for Estimating Human Internal States|
|Technical Paper||RoboSuit: Robotic Augmentations for Future Space Suits|
|Technical Paper||Monitoring Race Car Drivers Using Helmet and Head-Mounted Sensors|
CitationD'Amico, A., Di Natale, C., Malvicino, C., Marzorati, D. et al., "Odor Characterization of Automotive Cabins Using an Electronic Nose," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3276, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-3276.
- JursP.C., BakkenG.A., and McClellandH.E.. “Computational Methods for the Analysis of Chemical Sensor Array Data from Volatile Analytes” proceeding of 2000 Chemical Reviews, Vol. 100, No.7, pp 2651-2652
- Di Natale C., Macagnano A., Davide F., D'Amico A., Paolesse R., Boschi T., Faccio M., Ferri G., “An electronic nose for food analysis”, Sensors and Actuators B 44 (1997) 521-526
- Di Natale C., Macagnano A., Repole G., Saggio G., D'Amico A., Paolesse R., Boschi T., “The exploitation of metalloporphyrins as chemically interactive material in chemical sensors”, Materials science & engineering C5 pp. 209-215, 1998
- Di Natale C., Paolesse R., Macagnano A., Mantini A., Mari P., D'Amico A., “Qualitative structure-sensitivity relationship in porphyrins based QMB chemical sensor”, Materials science & engineering C5 pp. 319-323, 2000
- D'Amico A., Di Natale C., Paolesse R., Macagnano A., Mantini A., “Metalloporphyrins as basic material for volatile sensitive sensors”, Sensors and Actuators B 65 pp.209-215, 2000
- Di Natale C., Paolesse R., Macagnano A., Troitsky V.I., Berzina T.S., D'Amico A., “Pattern recognition approach to the study of the interactions between metalloporphyrin Langmuir-Blodgett films and volatile organic compounds”, Analytica Chimica Acta 384 pp. 249-259, 1999