This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Common Launch Acceptability Region Task Group
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 11, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents a brief overview of the Common Launch Acceptability Region Approach (CLARA) problem and the history of efforts within the Air Force and SAE to address it. An SAE Task Group has produced top level requirements and a proposed CLAR Methodology consisting of three components (Truth Model, Coefficient Generator and LAR Generator) that provides a solution to the multiple LAR implementation problem. This proposed CLAR methodology fulfills the key requirement of a LAR algorithm that is to be common to all applications and allows updates via tables of coefficients requiring the validation of only those coefficients and not the algorithm. This paper also presents the status of trade studies being conducted by the CLARA TG on mathematical algorithms required to implement the methodology. A key step in these trade studies is development of the appropriate metrics and analysis tools with which to judge alternative algorithms.
CitationClark, D., Faust, A., and Jones, A., "Common Launch Acceptability Region Task Group," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-2953, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-2953.
- “Launch Acceptability Region (LAR): Final Briefing” 4 Aug 1998 Presented at the Executive Weapon System Review (EWSR) by the EWSR TG
- “LAR Methodology” 19 Sep 2000 Presented to the SAE AS1B CLARA TG by Alan Faust
- Breiman, L. Friedman, J.H. Olshen, R.A. Stone, C.J. 1984 Classification and Regression Trees Wadsworth Belmont, CA
- Fowler, S.J. 1984 Self-Organizing Methods in Modeling: GMDH Type Algorithms Marcel Dekker New York
- Friedman, J.H. Stuetzle, W. 1981 “Projection pursuit regression” J. American Statistical Assoc. 76 817 823
- Friedman, J.H. 1991 “Multivariate adaptive regression splines (with discussion)” Annals of Statistics 19 1 141
- Huber, P. J. 1985 “Projection Pursuit (with Discussion)” Annals of Statistics 13 435 525
- Ivakhnenko, A.G. Müller, J.-A. 1995 “Present state and new problems of further GMDH development” SAMS 20 1–2 3 16