This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Diffusive Combustion of Fuel Spray in a DI Gasoline Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 20, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The direct-injection gasoline engine (DIGE) is a new kind of ICE. How to compute and visualize the combustion is a new issue. This paper presents a new method to compute and visualize diffusive combustion in a DIGE. This method is based on a three-dimensional staggered grid. A zero-dimensional combustion model with sequential multi-point combustion is used for the elements of the fuel spray. The transient flow and pressure field caused by combustion may be determined by calculating the combustion processes of multi-points. This paper takes the DIGE as the studying example, calculating and visualizing the combustion process.
CitationWang, S., Xie, S., and Luo, Q., "Diffusive Combustion of Fuel Spray in a DI Gasoline Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-2524, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-2524.
- Van Gerpen, Jon Documentation of the Benson Diesel Engine Simulation Program NASA Technical Memorandum Aug 1988 132 0499-9320
- Gajendra Babu, M.K. Mohanna, P. Computer Simulate a Turbocharged Multicylinder Automotive Gasoline Engine, Vehicle Design and Components: Computer Applications in the Automotive Industry Advanced Control in Automotive Technology Proceedings of the Fifth IAVD Conference Mar 6-9 1989 Geneva, Switz Interscience Enterprises Ltd Geneva Aeroport 15 Switz 149 172
- Zellat, M. Rolland, Th. Poplow, F. Three-dimensional Combustion and Soot Formation in an Indirect Injection Diesel Engine SAE Transactions 99 1990 597 617
- Riahi, A. Salcudcan, M. Hill, P.G. Computer Simulation of Turbulent swirling flows International Journal for Numerical Method in Engineering 29 3 Mar 1990 533 557
- Gibson, D.H. Mahaffey, W.A. III Mukerjee, T. In-cylinder Flow and Combustion of 1.7L Caterpillar Engine SAE Technical Paper Series SAE International Congress and Exposition Feb 26 Mar 2 1990 Detroit
- Kulakov, Vladimir A. Modeling of Diesel Engine Operation SAE Technical Paper Series International Off-highway and Powerplant Congress and Exposition Sep 9-12 1991 Milwaukee, WI, USA
- Reits, R.D. Rutlan, C.J. Tree-dimensional Modeling of Diesel Engine Intake Flow, Combustion and Emissions SAE Technical Paper Series International Off-highway and Powerplant Congress and Exposition Sep 9-12 1991 Milwaukee, WI, USA
- Pinchon, P. Modeling of Fluid Dynamics and Combustion in Piston Engine Revue de 1institut Francais du Petrole 46 6 Nov-Dec 1991 821 844
- Jennings, Mark, J. Multi-dimensional Modeling of Turbulent premixed Charge Combustion SAE Technical Paper Series SAE International Congress and Exposition Feb 24-28 1992 Detroit
- Bazari, Z DI Diesel Engine Combustion and Emission Predictive Capability for use in Cycle Simulation SAE Technical Paper Series SAE International Congress and Exposition Feb 24-28 1992 Detroit
- Chin, Young Wook Matthews, Ronald Douglas Nichols, Steven P. Kiehne, Thomas M. Use of Fractal Geometry to Model Turbulent Combustion in SI Engine Combustion Science and Technology 86 1-6 1992 1 30
- Wisniewski, Pawel Theoretical Foundation and Algorithm of the Flame Front Propogation in the Chamber of ICE Model Modeling, Measurement & Control C: Energetics, Chemistry, Earth, Environmental & Biomedical Problems 39 2 1993 1 5
- Corrca, S.M. Turbulence-chemistry Interactions in the Intermediate regime of Premixed Combustion Combustion and Flame 93 1-2 Apr 1993 41 60
- Ma, Fanhua Huang, Zuohua Liu, Lang Jiang, Deming Simulation model for the Laminar Process of the Premixed Homogeneous Charge in the Constant Volume Bomb Hsi-An Chiao Tung Ta Hsueh/Journal of Xian Jiaotong University 28 6 Sept 1994
- Gambino, Michele Pianese, Cesare Rizzo, Gianfranco Identification of a Dynamic Model for Transient Mixture Formation in a Multi-point Spark Ignition Engine American Society of Mechanical Engineering Dynamic System and Control Division (Publication) DSC Transportation System Proceedings of the 1994 International Mechanical Engineering Congree and Exposition Nov 6-11 1994 54 1994 Chicago
- Mao, Y. Buffat, M. Jeadel, D. Simulation of the Turbulent Flow Inside the Combustion Chamber of a Reciprocating Engine with a Finite Element Method Journal of Fluids Engineering Transactions of the ASME 116 2 Jun 1994
- Hessel, Randy P. Rutland, Christopher J Intake Flow Modeling in a Four-stroke Diesel Using KIVA-3 Journal of Propulsion and Power 11 2 Mar-Apr 1995 AIAA Washington DC, USA 378