This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
STUDY ON THE LIFE CYCLE ASSESMENT APPLICATION TO MOTORCYCLES
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 01, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Studies have been made of the standardization of implementation procedures of the life cycle assessment (LCA), standardized as ISO14040 series, under the joint collaboration of industries, government agencies and universities.
A life cycle inventory (LCI) of motorcycles, cases of research of whose LCA are scarce, has been attempted by taking infrastructures of Japan into consideration.
Energy saving property “as mobility of motorcycles” was verified by building up a practical macro LCI method covering the stages of the life cycle of motorcycles.
Furthermore, in the development of aluminum die-cast frames for scooters, micro LCI was performed for manufacturing stages to quantify the environmental advantage of fully utilizing recycled materials and clarify problematical points in the design of new materials. This proved that LCA method is effective for the selection of optimum materials and optimum manufacturing plans.
CitationTatemichi, Y. and Yoshida, T., "STUDY ON THE LIFE CYCLE ASSESMENT APPLICATION TO MOTORCYCLES," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1887, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-1887.
- ISO14040 Life Cycle Assessment-Principles and Framework
- JIS Q 14041 Goal and scope definition and inventory analysis
- NIRE-LCA Software ver.2
- JAMA The motorcycle market activity survey 1999
- Taneda Kusaka Funazaki Automobile research 19 10 429 1997
- Kobayashi Osamu Car Life Cycle Inventory Assessment SAE-TLCA971199 1997
- Ueda Iiga Eguchi Taniguchi Masuda Haraguchi Development of aluminum die-cast frames for scooters Sokeizai 41 2000
- Koya Eitaro et al. Transition of the Development of Aluminum Frame and its Future 2000