This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design and Transient Simulation of Vehicle Air Conditioning Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 14, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes the need for dynamic (transient) simulation of automotive air conditioning systems, the reasons why such simulations are challenging, and the applicability of a general purpose off-the-shelf thermohydraulic analyzer to answer such challenges.
An overview of modeling methods for the basic components are presented, along with relevant approximations and their effect on speed and accuracy of the results.
CitationCullimore, B. and Hendricks, T., "Design and Transient Simulation of Vehicle Air Conditioning Systems," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1692, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-1692.
- Bevilacqua, O.M. “Effect of Air Conditioning on Regulated Emissions for In-Use Vehicles” Clean Air Vehicle Technology Center Oakland, CA Phase I Final Report Coordinating Research Council, Inc. Atlanta, GA October 1999
- SINDA/FLUINT Version 4.3 User's Manual www.crtech.com/download.html#docs
- NIST REFPROP www.nist.gov/srd/nist23.htm
- Ploug-Sorensen, L. et al “Improvements in the Modeling and Simulation of refrigeration Systems: Aerospace Tools Applied to the Domestic Refrigerator;” Danfoss Department of Control Engineering, Corporate Technology and Research
- Cullimore, B “Reliability Engineering and Robust Design: New Methods for Thermal/Fluid Engineering;” C&R White Paper www.crtech.com March 2000
- Cullimore, B “Optimization, Data Correlation, and Parametric Analysis Features in SINDA/FLUINT;” SAE- 981574
- Bursik et al
- Hendricks, T. J. “Optimization of Vehicle Air Conditioning Systems Using Transient Air Conditioning Performance Analysis” Proceedings of the Vehicle Thermal Management Systems 5 Conference, Paper # 01VTMS-037 Nashville, TN May 2001
- Kargilis, A. “Design & Development of Automotive Air Conditioning Systems” Course Textbook University Consortium for Continuing Education Encino, CA www.ucce.edu. February 2000