This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Combustion System Development in a Small Bore HSDI Diesel Engine for Low Fuel Consuming Car
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 05, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE 2001 World Congress
As CO2 emissions from vehicles is gaining a global attention the low fuel consuming power-train is in much greater demand than before. Some alternatives are suggested but the HSDI diesel engine would be the most realistic solution. Vehicle simulation shows that low fuel consuming car can be realized by applying 1∼1.2L HSDI diesel engine in vehicles weighing about 750kg. While the direct injection diesel engine has been researched for a long time enhancement of mixing between air and fuel in a limited space makes it challenging area to develop a small swept volume HSDI diesel engine. We are investigating small HSDI diesel engine combustion technologies as an effort to realize low fuel consuming vehicle. Our main objective in this study is to have a better understanding of the combustion related parameters from such a small size HSDI diesel engine in order to improve engine performance.
CitationShin, B., Lyu, M., Kim, C., and Choi, K., "Combustion System Development in a Small Bore HSDI Diesel Engine for Low Fuel Consuming Car," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1257, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-1257.
- Krieger Roger B. etc “Diesel Engines: One Option to Power Future Personal Transportation Vehicles” SAE Paper 972683 1997
- Bernard L. Occella S. Vafidis C. “Potential of the 4-Cylinder Small DI Diesel Engine Concept” Internal Symposium on Powertrain Technologies for a 3-Litre Car” Sienna, Italy 1996
- Heywood John B. “Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals” McGraw-HILL 491 566 620 647 1989
- Ladommmatos Nicos Balian Razmik Aivaz Stone Richard “Analysis of in unsteady flow and its effects on diesel combustion” SAE Paper 921643 1992
- BAE CHOONGSIK KANG JINSUK “Diesel Spray Characteristics of Common-Rail VCO Nozzle Injector” Thiesel2000 2000
- Herzog Peter L. “Status und Potential der Einspritzarten Verlaufsfomun am schnell-aufedden direkteinsprizenden Diesel motor” MTZ 700 705 1996
- Stumpp Gerhard Ricco “Common Rail-An Attractive Fuel Injection System for Passenger Car DI Diesel Engines” SAE Paper 960870 1996