This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experimental Comparison Between Conventional and Bio-Derived Fuel Sprays
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 05, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE 2001 World Congress
A comparison between conventional and bio-derived fuel spray characteristics is described in this paper. Radial distributions of drop size, axial and radial velocity components were measured using a Phase-Doppler Anemometer (PDA). A digital visualization system including a CCD camera was used to estimate the spray tip penetration. Fuel was injected through a single hole diesel injector into a test section at ambient pressure. An empirical expression was found to estimate the spray tip penetration at ambient conditions.
CitationJiménez, J., Méndez, C., Castro, F., Tinaut, F. et al., "Experimental Comparison Between Conventional and Bio-Derived Fuel Sprays," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1072, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-1072.
- Briceño Y., “Obtención de biogasóleo mediante transesterificación del aceite de girasol”, Ph D Thesis, Universidad de Valladolid, Spain, 1999.
- Coghe A. and Cossali G. E., “Characterization of unsteady diesel sprays by Phase Doppler Anemometry”, ASME Publication, pp. 587-595, 1991.
- Tabata M., Fuji H., “Mean drop diameter of a diesel spray in a vaporizing process”, JSME International Journal, vol. 34, pp. 369-378, 1991.
- Jiménez J. E., Castro F., Melgar A. and Giménez B., “Influence of air temperature on a fuel spray”, Proceedings of the ILAAS-Europe' 99, Toulouse, 1999.
- Takahashi H., Yanasinaga H., Shiga S., Karasawa T and Nakamura H., “Analysis of high pressure diesel spray in the early stage of injection”, Atomization and Sprays, vol. 7, pp. 33-42, 1997.
- Sánchez M. L., “Estudio de la estructura de un chorro atomizado intermitente mediante Anemometría de Desfase Doppler”, Ph D Thesis, Universidad de Valladolid, Spain, 1996.
- Jiménez J., “Estudio de un chorro atomizado intermitente y evaporativo”, Ph D Thesis, Universidad de Valladolid, Spain, 2000.