This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Numerical Contribution to the Improvement of Individual Cylinder AFR Control in a 4 Cylinder S.I. Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 05, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE 2001 World Congress
Numerical simulation can be effectively used to reduce the experimental tests which are nowadays required for the analysis and calibration of engine control systems. In particular in this paper the use of a one-dimensional engine model to analyze the response of an UEGO sensor in the exhaust manifold of a 4 cylinder s.i. engine (with multipoint fuel injection) is described: numerical simulation has been used to simulate a misfunction of the fuelling system, which caused one of the four cylinders to be fuelled with an air/fuel ratio that was 10% richer than the others. The simulated UEGO response was then compared with experimental measurements, and after this validation process, the sensor model can be used to study a proper fuel injection control strategy thus reducing the required experimental tests, as outlined in a test case presented at the end of the paper.
|Technical Paper||912iS Fuel Injected Aircraft Engine|
|Technical Paper||Mean Value Models for Exhaust System Temperatures|
|Technical Paper||An Optical Backscatter Sensor for Particulate Matter Measurement|
CitationMillo, F., Ferraro, C., and Pilo, L., "A Numerical Contribution to the Improvement of Individual Cylinder AFR Control in a 4 Cylinder S.I. Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1009, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-1009.
- Kainz, J.L. Smith, J. C. “Individual Cylinder Fuel Control with a Switching Oxygen Sensor” SAE Paper 1999-01-0546
- Grizzle, J.W. Dobbins K.L. Cook, J.A. “Individual Cylinder Air-Fuel Ratio Control with a Single EGO Sensor” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 40 1 Feb. 1991
- Hasegawa Y. Akazaki S. Komoyora I. Maki Hidetaka Nishimura Y. Hirota T. “Individual Cylinder Air-Fuel Ratio Feedback Control Using an Observer” SAE Paper 940376
- Carnevale C. Hadji, M. “Cylinder to Cylinder AFR Control with an Asymmetrical Exhaust Manifold in a GDI System” SAE Paper 981064
- Guglielmone, F. 1998
- Bromnick, P. “Development of a Model Predictive Controller for Engine Idle Speed using CPower” SAE Paper 99P-236
- GAMMA TECHNOLOGIES Inc. “GT-POWER User's Manual” 2000
- Keribar, R. Ciesla, C. R. Morel, T “Engine/Powertrain/Vehicle Modeling Tool Applicable to all Stages of the Design Process” SAE Paper 2000-01-0934 2000
- Millo, F. Ferraro, C.V. Pilo, L. “A Contribution to Engine and Vehicle Performance Prediction” SAE Paper 2000-01-1266 2000