This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Inverse Method for Measuring Weld Temperatures during Resistance Spot Welding
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 05, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE 2001 World Congress
A new monitoring system predicts the progression of welding temperature fields during resistance spot welding. The system captures welding voltages and currents to predict contact diameters and simulate temperature fields. The system accurately predicts fusion lines and heat-affected zones. Accuracy holds even for electrode tips used for a few thousand welds of zinc coated steels.
CitationMatsuyama, K., Obert, R., and Chun, J., "Inverse Method for Measuring Weld Temperatures during Resistance Spot Welding," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-0437, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-0437.
- Bentley K.P. Greenwood J. A. Temperature distribution in spot welds British Welding Journal 10 1963 12 613 619
- Okuda T. et al. A study of spot welding of heavy gage mild steel International Institute of Welding 1970
- Nishiguchi K. Matsuyama K. Influence of current wave form on nugget formation phenomena when spot welding thin steel sheet Welding in the World 25 1987 11 12 222 244
- Zhang W Jensen H.H Bay N. Finite element modeling of spot welding similar and dissimilar metals Proc. of Seventh Int. Conf. on Computer Technology in Welding 364 373
- Li M.V. Dong P. Kimchi M. Finite element modeling of resistance spot welding of galvanized steel Proc. of Seventh Int. Conf. on Computer Technology in Welding 389 398
- Babu S.S. Riemer B.W. Santella M.L. Feng Z. Integrated thermal-microstructure model to predict the property gradients Proc. of Sheet Metal Welding Conference VIII 1998
- Matsuyama, K. Modeling of nugget formation process in resistance spot welding Proc. of Seventh Int. Conf. on Computer Technology in Welding 486 495
- Matsuyama K. Sato H Nishiguchi K Computer-aided monitoring system of nugget formation process Proc. of Fifth Welding Symposium of Japan Welding Society 1990 577 582
- Matsuyama K. Real time visualization of welding state in spot welding Proc. of Ninth Int. Conf. on Computer Technology in Welding 1999 3 14