Design Optimization Technique for Suspension Mechanism of Automobile
Published June 12, 2000 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Korea in South Korea
Annotation ability available
Suspension design is one of important technique to develop automobile. Since suspension system has strong non-linearity, it is difficult to optimize the suspension system by Gradient Based Method. Authors discussed the benefit of Genetic Algorithms to optimize the suspension system in this paper. Prototype of optimization system for suspension systems based on Genetic Algorithms was developed. In this system, the suspension system was analyzed and evaluated by Mechanical System Simulation Software ADAMS. The validity of the optimization system was clarified through the two case studies focusing on toe curve and lateral stiffness. Typical double wishbone type rear suspension with twenty design variables was analyzed and optimized by the optimization system.
- Takashi Yamanaka - Mechanical Dynamics Japan K.K, BABA Building 6th Floor 3-8-4 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku Tokyo 160-0023, Japan
- Hiroaki Hoshino - Mechanical Dynamics Japan K.K, BABA Building 6th Floor 3-8-4 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku Tokyo 160-0023, Japan
- Keiichi Motoyama - Mechanical Dynamics Japan K.K, BABA Building 6th Floor 3-8-4 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku Tokyo 160-0023, Japan
CitationYamanaka, T., Hoshino, H., and Motoyama, K., "Design Optimization Technique for Suspension Mechanism of Automobile," SAE Technical Paper 2000-05-0215, 2000.
- Sobieszczanski-Sobieski J., Haftka R.T., “Multidisciplinary Aerospace Design Optimization: Survey of Recent Development”, AIAA Paper 96-0711, 1996
- Goldberg D.E., “Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and Mechanical Learning”, Addison Wesley, 1989
- Myers R. H., Montgomery D. C., “Response Surface Methodology, Process and Product Optimization Using Designed Experiments”, Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics, 1995
- Kashiwamura, T., Shiratori, M., Yu, Q., “Statistical Optimization Method”, Computer Aided Design of Structures V, pp.213-223, 1997
- Yoshimoto, T., Yu, Q., Yajima, H., Shiratori, M., Motoyama, K., “Multi-Objective Optimization for Crash Safety Design of Vehicles”, IBEC'99, SAE, 1999-01-3210
- Yajima, H., Yu, Q., Shiratori, M., Dokko, Y., Ito, S., Motoyama, K., “The Application of the Statistical Design Support System toward Optimization of Vehicle Safety Equipment”, IBEC'99, SAE, 1999-01-3209
- Abe, M., “Vehicle Dynamics and Control”, Sankaido, 1992