This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Linear Model Updating Applied to Rotating Machines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 01, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The present research proposes the use of linear model updating along with unrestricted optimization methods, in order to obtain a methodology, which allows the calibration of mathematical models of rotating systems. An experimental set up of a symmetric rotor, on a rigid foundation supported by two hydrodynamic cylindrical bearings and with a central disk of considerable mass, working as an unbalancing excitation force, was used for this purpose. Once the numeric and experimental values are obtained, error vectors are then defined, which serve as minimization parameters, through the variation of the numeric model parameters. The method presented satisfactory results, as it was able to calibrate the mathematical model and then from that, obtain reliable responses for the physical system studied. The research also presents a significant contribution for the area of rotating machine design as it presents a relatively simple and robust methodology on the updating and revalidation of computational models for machines and structures.
CitationJacon, F. and Cavalca, K., "Linear Model Updating Applied to Rotating Machines," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-3189, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-3189.
- ARRUDA, J. R. F. Rotor model updating by unbalance response curve-fitting 7 th INTERNATIONAL MODAL ANALYSIS CONFERENCE, IMAC, 1989 Proceedings of … New York Union Coll 1989 1 479 484
- GIRARD, A. CHATELAIN, J. BUGEAT, L. P., Model updating approach for rotating shafts 15 th INTERNATIONAL MODAL ANALYSIS CONFERENCE, IMAC, 1997 Proceedings of … New York Union Coll 1997 2 1419 1425
- MOINE, P. BILLET, L. AUBRY, D. Two updating methods for dissipative models with non symmetric matrices 15 th INTERNATIONAL MODAL ANALYSIS CONFERENCE, IMAC, 1997 Proceedings of … New York Union Coll 1997 2 1931 1936
- AUDEBERT, S. et al. Multi-bearing rotor model updating using experimental modal and response data 15 th INTERNATIONAL MODAL ANALYSIS CONFERENCE, IMAC, 1997 Proceedings of … New York Union Coll 1997 1 162 168
- CHILDS, Dara. Turbomachinery Rotordynamics -Phenomena, Modeling and Analysis New York John Wiley & Sons 1993
- CAVALCA, K. L. DEDINI, F.G. UEMURA, R. Mancais Hidrodinãmicos: Modelagem e Representação como elementos de conexão Rotor-Suportes-Fundação IV congresso de engenharia Mecânica Norte-Nordeste Recife, PE 1996
- FRISWELL, M. I. MOTTERSHEAD, J. E. Finite Element Model Updating in Structural Dynamics Netherlands Kluwer Academic Publishers 1996
- ARORA, JASBIR S. Introduction to Optimum Design McGraw Hill International Editions New York 1989
- CAVALCA, K.L. CAVALCANTE, P. F. A method to analyse the interaction between rotor-foundation systems 16 th INTERNATIONAL MODAL ANALYSIS CONFERENCE, IMAC, 1998 Proceedings of … Santa Barbara, USA
- CHELI, F. CAVALCA, K. L. DEDINI, F. G. Supporting structure effects on rotating machinery vibrations Proceedings of Institute of Mechanical Engineers, ImechE 1992