This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A New Double Swirls Combustion System for DI Diesel Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 16, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The principle and design of a new combustion system (DSCS, Double Swirls Combustion System) are provided in this paper. New theory for fuel-air mixing and burning in DSCS is found by means of fuel jet modeling experiments. The flow process of fuel jet can be divided into four phases in detail. Fuel jet collides with the ridge of DS combustion chamber, then splits and forms double swirls, etc. So, mixing and burning can be carried out more efficiently. The test results of the single-cylinder test engines and the commercial engines showed that DSCS had many advantages.
CitationRong, W., Xiangrong, L., Guodong, Z., and Wei, D., "A New Double Swirls Combustion System for DI Diesel Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-2915, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-2915.
- Rong Wei Shiyao Chen “Double Swirls Combustion System” 1
- Rong Wei Huaishuan Zhang “Study of Simulation of Fuel Spray in DI Diesel Engine” CICEE China 1983 1 31 38
- Pischinger A. Pischinger R. “Zur Frage der Gemischbildung in Diesel motor” MTZ 1965
- Rong Wei et al. “A Study of Increasing the Performance in 6V150Type Diesel Engine” ACTA ARMAMENTAR (The Volume of Tank, Armored Vehicle and Engine) 1989 4 13 21
- Shiyao Chen et al. “The Application of DSCS on 1150B Diesel Engine” ACTA ARMAMENTAR (The Volume of Tank, Armored Vehicle and Engine) 1993 4 8 12
- Rong Wei et al. “The Study about DSCS in the 1150DH Single Cylinder Engine” ACTA ARMAMENTAR (The Volume of Tank, Armored Vehicle and Engine) 1997 2 18 21
- Rong Wei et al. “The Test Study about BMEP to 1.77MPa in DSCS of DI Engine” ACTA ARMAMENTAR (The Volume of Tank, Armored Vehicle and Engine) 1997 4