This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Integrated Humidity and Carbon Dioxide Analysis For International Space Station Using SINDA/FLUINT
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 10, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The air interchange performance between the modules is an important factor in the atmosphere revitalization system of International Space Station (ISS) to maintain a habitable environment for the crew during on-orbit activities. A SINDA/FLUINT model of the integrated ISS air quality control system was constructed in support of pre and in-flight predictions of cabin air temperature and humidity, and CO2 partial pressure. This model calculates masses and partial pressure for the major gas constituents, such as O2, N2, CO2, and H2O. This model also simulates the effect of crew activities and their location in the station. The elements are linked together in terms of air interchange in the models via Inter-module ventilation (IMV). The air in each volume is assumed to be perfectly mixed. Latent loads and IMV air are assumed to be immediately and uniformly distributed throughout the cabin air volume of each element. This paper presents a description of the model and analysis generated using this model.
|Technical Paper||Space Station Integrated Temperature and Humidity Control Analysis Using SINDA/FLUINT|
|Technical Paper||Pre-Flight Analysis and Post-Flight Assessment of ISS Mission 2R|
|Technical Paper||Analysis and Design of Crew Sleep Station for ISS|
CitationSon, C., "Integrated Humidity and Carbon Dioxide Analysis For International Space Station Using SINDA/FLUINT," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-2363, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-2363.
- Tsai Ching-Fen “Integrated Air Revitalization System Performance Verification Analysis For The STS-101 ISS Logistics Mission 2A.2a” RSS00HB0245, Reusable Space Systems, The Boeing Company March 2000
- Zhang, M. “Post-Flight ECLSS Analysis of the STSW-96 (ISS 2A.1) Logistics Mission” STO 9HELE4439, Lockheed Martin Space Operations Houston, TX. August 1999
- Augustine J. “Space Station Integrated Temperature and Humidity Control Analysis Using SINDA/FLUINT,” SAE 961350 , 26 TH International Conference on Environmental Systems Monterey, California July 1996
- Cullimore, B. et.al. SINDA/FLUINT User's Manual” Cullimore and Ring Technologies, Inc. Littleton, CO. 1995
- ASHRAE Handbook Fundamentals 1997