This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Application of the 3-D CAD Manikin RAMSIS to Heavy Duty Truck Design at Freightliner Corporation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 06, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes application examples of RAMSIS, a 3-D CAD human model for ergonomic truck evaluations, to truck design. RAMSIS realistically simulates truck driver postures and locations, an important prerequisite to having confidence in subsequent ergonomic analyses. We show examples of how visibility evaluations compare to traditional SAE methods, arm reach and force evaluation; and an example for entry/exit evaluations.
CitationLoczi, J., "Application of the 3-D CAD Manikin RAMSIS to Heavy Duty Truck Design at Freightliner Corporation," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-2165, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-2165.
- Eriksson, J. 1994 Computer Aided Planning of Environment Adaptation for Physically Disabled Lund Institute of Technology, Lund University Lund, Sweden
- Geuß, H. 1998 Optimizing the Product Design Process by Computer Aided Ergonomics SAE Technical Paper 981310 Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. Warrendale, PA
- Geuß, H. Krist, R. Seidl, A. 1995
- Loczi, H. Dietz, M. Nielson, G. 1999 Validation and Application of the 3-D CAD Manikin RAMSIS in Automotive Design SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1270 Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. Warrendale, PA
- Nilsson, G. 1994 On Development of Tools for Ergonomic Simulation and Evaluation in a Computerized Environment Chalmers University of Technology Gothenburg, Sweden
- Porter, J. M. Case, K. Freer, M. T. Bonney, M. C. 1993 Computer-aided ergonomics design of automobiles Peacock B. Karwowski W. Automotive Ergonomics 43 77 Taylor &Francis London
- Rothwell, P.L. Hickey, D. T. 1986 Three-dimensional Computer Models of Man In Proceedings of the Human Factors Society 30 th Annual Meeting 216 220 Dayton, Ohio
- Seidl, A. Speyer, H. 1997 RAMSIS - A new CAD Tool for Ergonomic Analysis of Vehicles Developed for the German Automotive Industry SAE Technical Paper 970088 Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. Warrendale, PA