This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of High Performance Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine Oil to Extend Oil Drain Intervals: 5W30 Fully Synthetic Oil Containing MoDTC
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 19, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this study, the oxidation stability, soot dispersancy, antiwear performance, and friction-reducing capability of friction modifiers (FMs) were evaluated, and an SAE 5W-30 fully synthetic oil with MoDTC type FMs was developed for heavy-duty diesel engines. In several engine tests, it was confirmed that the developed oil can double the oil drain interval in comparison with API CD SAE 30, even when EGR is applied, and improves the fuel efficiency.
CitationSasaki, M., Kishi, Y., Hyuga, T., Omata, H. et al., "Development of High Performance Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine Oil to Extend Oil Drain Intervals: 5W30 Fully Synthetic Oil Containing MoDTC," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-1992, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-1992.
- Dennis A.J. Garner C.P. Taylor D.H.C. SAE Paper 1999-01-0839 1999
- Sasaki Miki Kishi Yoshiaki Hyuga Tetsu Okazaki Katsuo Tanaka Masayuki Kurihara Isao SEA Paper 971695 1997
- Akiyama Kenyu Hoshino Kohkichi Kawai Hiromi SAE Paper 982506 1998
- Lee Richard Willis William Hirano S. Proceedings of the International Tribology Conference Yokohama 1995
- Sasaki Miki Hyuga Tetsu Omata Hiroshi Kishi Yoshiaki Journal of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan 53 9935004 51 1999
- Yaguchi Akira Inoue Kiyoshi SAE Paper 952341 1995
- Yamamoto Hidetsugu Sasaki Miki Tokuoka Naochika Sato Hiromitsu Proceedings of JSME 1999 Convention Tokyo 99-1 235 1999
- Sorab Jagadish Holdeman Hollianne A. Chui Granger K. SAE Paper 932833 1993
- 10 Naganuma Hiroyuki Fujino Kenji Ogino Gen Yamazaki Tsuyoshi Proceedings of JAST Autumn Convention 103 1996