This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
VP-SIM: A Unified Approach to Energy and Power Flow Modeling Simulation and Analysis of Hybrid Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 02, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Future Car Congress
The aim of this paper is to describe a unified approach to modeling the energy efficiency and power flow characteristics of energy storage and energy conversion elements used in hybrid vehicles. Hybrid vehicle analysis and design is concerned with the storage of energy in three domains - chemical, mechanical, and electrical - and on energy conversions between these domains. The paper presents the physical and mathematical basis of this modeling approach, as well as a modular simulator that embodies the same basic principles. The use of the simulator as an analysis tool is demonstrated through the conceptual design of a sport-utility hybrid drivetrain.
CitationRizzoni, G., Guezennec, Y., Brahma, A., Wei, X. et al., "VP-SIM: A Unified Approach to Energy and Power Flow Modeling Simulation and Analysis of Hybrid Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-1565, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-1565.
- Rizzoni G. Guzzella L. Baumann B. “Modeling and design optimization of hybrid vehicles” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics September 1999
- Miller, T.A. Energy Flow Modeling of Hybrid-Electric Vehicles The Ohio State University 1999
- Karnopp D. Margolis D. Rosenberg R. “System Dynamics: a Unified Approach” 2nd New York Wiley 1990
- Wipke K. Cuddy M.R. Burch S.D. “ADVISOR 2.1: A User-Friendly Advanced Powertrain Simulator Using a Combined Backward-Forward Approach” IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol. 48 6 Nov. 1999 1762 69
- Josephson John R. Chandrasekaran B. Carroll Mark Iyer Naresh Wasacz Bryon Rizzoni Giorgio Li Qingyuan Erb David A. “An Architecture for Exploring Large Design Spaces” Proc. of National Conference of the American Association for Artificial Intelligence 1998 Madison, Wisconsin
- Guzzella L. Amstutz A. “CAE Tools for Quasi-Static Modeling and Optimization of Hybrid Powertrains” IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol. 48 6 Nov. 1999 1762 69