This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
SUV Powered by On-Board Generated H2
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 02, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Future Car Congress
A Ford Explorer has been totally powered by internal combustion engine (ICE).fueled by hydrogen (H2) gas. H2 gas was generated on-board by a patented H2 generation technology - a safe, ambient temperature chemical reaction with a water based solution. The novel feature of this system is that H2 gas is safely generated on-board the vehicle as needed without resorting to bulky, pressurized cylinders. The entire H2 generation system easily fits within the engine compartment and beneath the floor of the vehicle making this one of the few practical zero emission vehicles that has room for 5 passengers and cargo while offering competitive performance and driving range to current SUVs.
- Steven C. Amendola - Millennium Cell LLC
- Phillip J. Petillo - Millennium Cell LLC
- Robert Lombardo - Millennium Cell LLC
- Stefanie L. Sharp-Goldman - Millennium Cell LLC
- M. Saleem Janjua - Millennium Cell LLC
- Nicole C. Spencer - Millennium Cell LLC
- Michael T. Kelly - Millennium Cell LLC
- Michael Binder - Millennium Cell LLC