This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Ratio Control of Metal Belt CVT
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 06, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE 2000 World Congress
A fuzzy logic ratio control algorithm for a metal belt CVT is suggested considering the on-off characteristics of the ratio control valve and the nonlinear characteristics of the CVT shift dynamics. In the fuzzy logic, variable computation time for the error of the ratio and the rate of the error is suggested depending on the velocity of the rate of the CVT ratio. Experimental results show that a desired speed ratio can be achieved at a steady state by the fuzzy logic in spite of the fluctuating primary pressure. In addition, it was found that a faster response and better robustness can be obtained when compared with those of the PID control. It is expected that the ratio control algorithm suggested in this study can be implemented in a prototype CVT.
CitationKim, T., Kim, H., Yi, J., and Cho, H., "Ratio Control of Metal Belt CVT," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-0842, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-0842.
- Funatsu, K. Koyama, H. Aok, T. “ Electronic Control System of Honda for CVT ” Proc. Int. Conf. on Continuously Variable Transmission Yokohama 1996
- Ide, T. Uchiyama, H. Kataoka, R. “ Experimental Investigation on Shift Speed Characteristics of a Metal V-Belt CVT ” Proc. Int. Conf. on Continuously Variable Transmission Yokohama 1996
- Kurosawa, M. Fujikawa, T. Yoshida, K. Kobayashi, M. “ Development of High Torque Belt CVT with Torque Converter ” Japan Automotive Techonolgy 51 9 1997
- Boos, M. Mozer, H. “ CVT at ZF ” Proc. Int. Conf. on Continuously Variable Transmission Yokohama 1996
- Engelsdorf, K. Senger, K. H. Bolz, M. P. “ Electronic CVT Control for Power Train Optimization ” Proc. Int. Conf. on Continuously Variable Transmission Yokohama 1996
- Hirano, S. Miller, A. L. Schneider, K. F. “SCVT - A State of the Art Electronically Controlled CVT” SAE Paper 910410 1991
- Sato, T. Sakakiyama, R. Nakamura, H. “ Development of Electronically Controlled CVT System Equipped with CVTip ” Proc. Int. Conf. on Continuously Variable Transmission Yokohama 1996
- Ide, T. Udagawa, A. Kataoka, R. “ Simulation Approach to the Effect of the Ratio Changing Speed of a Metal V-Belt CVT on the Vehicle Response ” Vehicle System Dynamics 24 377 388 1995
- Kim T. C. Jeon J. W. Kim H. S. “ Performance of Fuzzy Logic Based Engine-CVT Consolidated Control ” Proc. Global Powertrain Congress Detroit 1998