This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in
Aerospace & Defense Technology: December 2019
- Magazine Issue
Published December 01, 2019 by SAE International in United States
- Engineered Solutions for Enclosure Sealing and Insulation
- Tips for Reducing Error When Using Eddy Current Measuring Techniques
- Reducing the High Cost of Titanium
- Streamlining Post-Processing in Additive Manufacturing
- Software-Defined Analog Filters: A Paradigm Shift in Radio Filter Performance and Capability
- SDR Interface for the NeXtRAD Multistatic Radar System
- Electrodeposition of Metal Matrix Composites and
Materials Characterization for Thin-Film Solar Cells
Metal matrix composites, which consist of silver-multiwalled carbon nanotube-silver, layer-by-layer stacks, can electrically bridge the cracks (>40 μm) that appear in semiconductor substrates and the composite grid lines.
- Sensing Applied Load and Damage Effects in Composites
with Nondestructive Techniques
Comparing and correlating piezoelectrically induced guided waves, acoustic emission, thermography, and X-ray imaging to determine the effects of applied load on a composite structure.
- Technology Impact Forecasting for Multi-Functional
Multi-functional composites offer a possible solution to the conflicting design goals of making new aircraft lighter, stronger, faster, and more environmentally sustainable.
- Molecular Engineering for Mechanically Resilient and
Stretchable Electronic Polymers and Composites
Establishing the design criteria for elasticity and ductility in conjugated polymers and composites by analysis of the structural determinants of the mechanical properties.