Aerospace & Defense Technology: August 2019
- Magazine Issue
Published 2019-08-01by SAE International in United States
- How Miniaturized Distributed Modular Architecture Advances Avionics Design
- Peridynamic Modeling
An Alternative Approach to Analyzing Material Failure
- Microturbine Propulsion for UAVs
- Preventing Ice Buildup on Electric Aircraft
- Critical Communications Break Out of the Analog
Military and public safety communications increase digital and data capabilities without sacrificing reliability or interoperability.
- Pathfinder Radar ISR and SAR Systems: Tactical Eyes for the Warfighter
- Feasibility Study of Portable Water Desalination
Systems for Water Contingencies at Remote Navy
Navy explores ways to ensure an uninterrupted supply of potable water at remote installations.
- Nominal High-Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse (HEMP)
Calculating the characteristics of high-altitude electromagnetic pulses created by the detonation of a nuclear device.
- Thermal Conductivities of Some Polymers and
Assessing the performance of polymers used in structural armor and filament winding applications.
- Hands-on Cybersecurity Studies: Multi-Perspective
Analysis of the WannaCry Ransomware
In-depth analysis of malware provides strategy to defend against future attacks.
- Real-Time Heuristics and Metaheuristics for Static and
Dynamic Weapon Target Assignments
Improved predictability could increase the accuracy of missile defense systems in multiple engagements.
- Hybrid Ultra-Low VOC and Non-HAP Rain Erosion
Developing a rapid-curing rain erosion coating based on a unique glycidyl carbamate (GC) hybrid resin chemistry that offers rapid reactivity and adhesion combined with the erosion, flexibility, weathering and mechanical properties of polyurethane systems.