This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in
Aerospace & Defense Technology: May 2019
- Magazine Issue
Published 2019-05-01 by SAE International in United States
- Autonomous "Wingman" Vehicles
The Future of Military Unmanned Vehicle Technology
- The CAN Bus: Driving the Future of Autonomous Military Vehicles
- Underwater Drone Technology
- Eyes In the Sky
For Drones, Combining Vision Sensor and IMU Data Leads to More Robust Pose Estimation
- Hydraulic Cylinder Position Sensor
Ensuring precision movement in robotic assemblies.
- Geospatial Accuracy of Small Unmanned Airborne System
Data in the Coastal Environment
Determining the performance of image processing software could lead to better data collection strategy.
- Monitoring a Nearshore Beneficial Use Site: Application
of a Benthic Sled and Video Annotation
Passive survey method provides less labor and resource intensive system for monitoring the effects of dredging on aquatic life in nearshore beneficial use sites.
- Developing Knowledge and Understanding for Autonomous
Systems for Analysis and Assessment Events and
An effort to overcome the challenges involved in developing complete performance ontologies and test methodologies for evaluating the performance of autonomous systems.
- Localization and Mapping of Unknown Locations with
Unmanned Ground Vehicles
Developing a commercial off-the shelf (COTS) software platform to enable UGVs to navigate and survive in complex environments.
- Sound Attenuation of Neoprene Wetsuit Hoods as a
Function of Dive Depth and Acoustic Frequency: Hyperbaric Chamber
Data gathered during testing will help develop strategies to protect Navy divers from loud underwater sounds.