This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modelling and Simulation for Integrated Aircraft System Design
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 19, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
There is a clear risk that system aspects and flight control issues are not dealt with satisfactory in the preliminary design phase. There are several reasons for this. The first is that aircraft are becoming increasingly complex and the second is that there are limited resources available at the preliminary design stage. Therefore it is a risk that preliminary design is handed over that requires a lot more attention in the system and control areas than would otherwise been needed if these matter could have been dealt with more efficiently at the preliminary design phase.
With the advent of powerful simulation techniques the resources needed to do this are becoming available. There is, however, a need for tools that can be used to connect the different disciplines with each other. At present designers in different disciplines usually relays, not only on totally different tools, but also different paradigms. The research at Linköping University has been focused to bridge this gap, and to acknowledge the inherently multidisciplinary nature of aircraft design.
CitationKrus, P., "Modelling and Simulation for Integrated Aircraft System Design," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-5580, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-5580.
- Auslander, D M Distributed System Simulation with Bilateral Delay-Line Models Journal of Basic Engineering 195 200 June 1968
- Box. M. J. A new method of constrained optimisation and a comparison with other methods Computer Journal 8 42 52 1965
- Burton, J.D. Edge, K.A. Burrows, C.R. Modelling Requirements for the Parallel Simulation of Hydraulic Systems ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems and Control March 1994
- Andersson J Pohl J Krus P Design of Objective Functions for Optimization of Multidomain Systems ASME Annual Winter meeting November 15-20 1998
- Krus, P An Automated Approach for Creating Components and Subsystems for Simulation of Distributed Systems Presented at the ‘Ninth Bath International Fluid Power Workshop Bath, UK 1996
- Krus, P Palmberg, J-O Löhr, F Backlund, G The Impact of Computational Performance on Optimisation in Aircraft Design I MECH E, ‘AEROTECH 95’ Birmingham, UK 95
- Krus, P Weddfelt, K Palmberg, J-O Fast Pipeline Models for Simulation of Hydraulic Systems Presented at ASME anual winter meet Atlanta 1991 ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control March 1994
- Krus, P Jansson, A Palmberg, J-O Optimization Using Simulation for Aircraft Hydraulic System Design Procedings of IMECH International Conference on Aircraft Hydraulics and Systems London, UK 1993
- Krus, P Jansson, A Palmberg, J-O Weddfelt. K Distributed Simulation of Hydromechanical Systems Presented at ‘Third Bath International Fluid Power Workshop Bath, UK 1990