This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Multimodal HCI Integration
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 19, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A multipurpose test-bed for integrating user interface and sensor technologies has been developed, based on a client- server architecture. Various interaction modalities (Speech recognition, 3-D Audio, Pointing, wireless Handheld- PC-based control and interaction, sensor interaction, etc.) are implemented as servers, encapsulating and exposing commercial and research software packages. The system allows for integrated user interaction with large and small displays using speech commands combined with pointing, spatialized audio, and other modalities. Simultaneous and independent speech recognition for two users is supported; users may be equipped with conventional acoustic or new body-coupled microphones.
|Technical Paper||Multimodal Maintenance Application HCI|
|Technical Paper||Analysis and Improvement of Model Architectures for Safety Related Systems|
|Technical Paper||An Architecture for a Safety-Critical Steer-by-Wire System|
CitationVassiliou, M., Sundareswaran, V., Chen, S., and Wang, K., "Multimodal HCI Integration," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-5509, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-5509.
- Rabiner, L. Huang, B-H. Fundamentals of Speech Recognition Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1993
- BLAUERT, J. Spatial Hearing : The Psychophysics of Human Sound Localization MIT Press 1997
- WENZEL, E.M., ARRUDA, M., KISTLER, D.J. WIGHTMAN, F.L. Localization Using Non-Individualized Head-Related Transfer Functions Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 111 123 1993
- JACOB, R.J.K. Eye Movement-Based Human-Computer Interaction Techniques: Toward Non-Command Interfaces In Advances in Human-Computer Interaction 4 Hartson, H.R. Hix, D. Ablex Publishing Co. 151 190 1993
- RUDMANN, D.S., McCONKIE, G.W., Eye Movements in Human-Computer Interaction Proceedings of the 3rd Annual ARL Federated Laboratory Symposium: Advanced Displays and Interactive Displays 91 95 1999
- MARCY, H.O., Agre, J.R., Chien, C., Clare, L.P., Romanov, N., Twarowski, A., Wireless Sensor Networks for Area Monitoring and Integrated Vehicle Health Management Applications Proceedings of the 1999 AIAA Meeting Paper AIAA-99-4557 1999