This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Sonic Shear Stability Studies of Transmission Fluids
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 25, 1999 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
|Technical Paper||Development Of A Laboratory Gear Oil Spalling Test|
|Technical Paper||Development of an Innovative Transmission System for Two-Wheelers Using TRIZ Methodology|
|Technical Paper||Measuring Automatic Transmission Shift Performance|
CitationZakarian, J., Kinker, B., and Gibbs, J., "Sonic Shear Stability Studies of Transmission Fluids," SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-3615, 1999, https://doi.org/10.4271/1999-01-3615.
- Ver Strate, G. and Struglinski, M.J., “Polymers as Lubricating-Oil Viscosity Modifiers,” Chapter 15 in “Polymers as Rheology Modifiers,” ACS Symposium Series, No. 462.
- Stambaugh, R.L., “Viscosity Index Improvers and Thickeners,” Chapter 5 in Mortier, R.M. and Orszulik, S.T. (ed.), “Chemistry and Technology of Lubricants,” Blackie Academic & Professional, London, 158-165, 1997.
- Sprys, J.W., Doi, J., Furumoto, M., Hoshikawa, N., King, T., Kurashina, H., Linden, J., Murakami, Y., and Ueda, F., “Shear Stability of Automatic Transmission Fluids - Methods and Analysis: A Study by the International Lubricants Standardization and Approval Committee ATF Subcommittee,” SAE Paper 982673.
- Alexander, D.L., Kapuscinski, M.M., and Laffin, M.V., “Shear Stability Index of VI Improvers; Its Dependency on Method of Determination,” Lubrication Engineering, Vol. 45, 801-806, 1989.
- Kinker, B., “Automatic Transmission Fluid Shear Stability Testing and Viscosity Index Improver Trends,” 1998 TVT Symposium, Yokohama, Japan.
- Herbeaux, J., Flamberg, A., Koller, R.D., and VanArsdale, W.E., “Assessment of Shear Degradation Simulators,” SAE Paper 982637.
- Covitch, M.J., “How Polymer Architecture Affects Permanent Viscosity Loss of Multigrade Lubricants,” SAE Paper 982638.
- Sprys, J.W., Vaught, D.R., and Stephens, E.L., “Shear Viscosities of Automatic Transmission Fluids,” SAE Paper 941885.
- Wright, W.A., Division Petroleum Chemistry, 109th meeting, A.C.S., Gen. Papers, p 71, Atlantic City, NJ.
- ASTM Method D 341, “Standard Viscosity- Temperature Charts for Liquid Petroleum Products.”
- Rahmes, M.H. and Nelson, W.L., “Viscosity Blending Relationships of Heavy Petroleum Oils,” Anal. Chem., Vol. 20, 912-915, 1948.
- Woodle, R.A., “Make Viscosity Calculations Numerically,” NLGI Spokesman, 100-103, 1976.
- Huggins, P., “Program Evaluates Component and Blend Viscosities,” Oil & Gas J., 122-129, 1985.